Windows System Engineer
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Windows System Engineer
Reports to: Systems and Infrastructure Manager
Arrow Electronics has an excellent opportunity for a Windows Systems Engineer in our Golden, CO and/or Englewood, CO locations. This position will be responsible for internal dedicated and cloud server infrastructure in a global, complex, and rapidly growing environment. This role will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our Digital division production, staging, and test ecosystems. We are looking for a fearless Systems Engineer to be part of a strong and expanding team. The ideal candidate is someone that has in-depth experience administering production enterprise level and highly available systems and a passion for identifying and implementing system improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership of various systems engineering projects related to Windows systems infrastructure
- Architect and administer production environment Active Directory domain, DNS, and group policy in accordance with best practice
- Architect, build, and troubleshoot Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016 systems for production and test platforms
- Recommend, design, and roll out cloud and physical network, storage, and system improvements to ensure redundancy, high availability, and security
- Perform automation of routine tasks using PowerShell to increase systems efficiency and reduce human intervention
- Manage systems and network security to meet best practice and allow appropriate access without adding additional risk
- Capacity planning and management
- Design and maintain backup and redundancy strategies
- Manage Windows RDS environment for internal division employees to access production systems and applications
- Develop and update documentation of network and systems architecture
- Cross-train infrastructure team members in areas of expertise
- Work with systems and infrastructure manager and team to develop and implement infrastructure policies and procedures
- Responsible for internal communication of critical systems information
- Develop, maintain, and document Windows and infrastructure installation and configuration procedures
- Manage Nagios, New Relic and Victor Ops monitoring and alerting systems and other internal management tools
- Backup Linux administration
- Rotating on-call responsibilities
- Great work ethic and teamwork skills
- Passion for continual improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 – 8 years of Systems Administration/Engineering experience
- Sharp analytic and troubleshooting abilities
- Proven Windows systems architecture and design skills
- Experience working in production Windows server 2008, 2012, and 2016 multi-tier application and highly available environments
- Knowledge and understanding of systems and network security engineering and best practice
- Experience with common networking protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, FTP, SNMP, and LDAP
- Understanding of load balancer, firewall, and router configuration
- Experience configuring and maintaining an Active Directory Forest, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Knowledge of database systems infrastructure support and basic Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of cloud, IaaS and PaaS architecture and best practice, particularly in Azure cloud
- Experience with cloud provisioning methodologies and Azure ARM templates, Chef or Puppet
- Utilizing PowerShell and/or other scripting technologies for server administration
- Experience with IIS, WSUS, RDS, and Windows Cluster management
- Familiarity with Nagios, New Relic, VictorOps, sumologic
- Understanding of storage and SAN technologies
- Experience hosting SQL Server infrastructure
- Basic Linux administration or a desire to learn
- Experience with ERP systems and SiteCore a plus
- MSCE, MSCA, or MCP a plus
What is in it for you?
- Training and professional development
- Performance coaching
- Work with fun team in a supportive environment
- Work at a strong and growing company
- Free fitness center membership and classes at Arrow Electronics main office building
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2013 sales of $21.4 billion. Our team includes 16,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 58 countries.
“Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired.
Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top