Wholesale IT Sales Rep
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Senior Wholesale IT Sales Representative will drive sales growth through new customer acquisition and expansion within existing North America Arrow Value Recovery (“NA AVR”) customers. This role is focused both on building and maintaining influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast of current and future industry and competitor’s products, trends, technology and information. This position will generate leads and follow-up on leads obtained through suppliers and NA AVR internal sources. This position will call on customers; provide product information, and follow-up on quotes to close business. The Senior Wholesale IT Sales Representative seeks to provide an appropriate solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish. This role also spends time in a needs analysis process to determine a prospect’s fit with NA AVR’s products and services. The Wholesale IT Sales Representative coordinates resources to provide solutions and close sales opportunities while developing and maintaining broad, influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and NA AVR colleagues.
We aren’t looking for ordinary sales people. We need experienced relationship sales professionals with a past record of sales success in the refurbished IT industry. These Field Sales pros will develop strong business relationships with their customers, negotiate deals with their client base for sales of refurbished IT equipment, and understand the market value of the IT equipment they are responsible for selling.
- Demand Creation: Drives sales growth through new customer acquisition and expansion of current existing customers. Identifies and targets emerging areas for high growth, profit, and differentiation (e.g., fast growing, small to mid-size businesses). Generates leads and follows-up on leads obtained through suppliers and NA AVR internal sources. Qualifies prospects, analyzes sales potential, and then prioritizes high-return opportunities for further attention/investment.
- Sales Generation: Drives and creates their own opportunities and product selection within their territory by having a fundamental understanding of all of NA AVR’s refurbished IT equipment. Grows profits and maximizes margins by solving the customer’s business problems with value-added NA AVR solutions. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with customers and is able to win concessions while maintaining good customer relationships. Presents a persuasive rationale for recommendations and solutions that support the sale. Understands the NA AVR resources available and focuses those resources at the appropriate time to close opportunities. Coordinates global transactions locally and across regions to maximize business capture rates. Develops strategic customer sales/marketing plans.
- Relationships: Builds and maintains influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast of current and future industry and competitor’s products, trends, technology and information. Must be able to converse from senior management and C-level/executive level personnel to technical personnel. Becomes embedded in assigned accounts, develops deep customer relationships vertically and horizontally. Develops and maintains broad, influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and NA AVR colleagues. Goal is to become a trusted advisor to the customer.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5-7 years sales experience or an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years sales experience as a Hunter.
- Familiarity with and ability to calculate basic business analysis equations: percentages, YoY growth, etc. Must be able to calculate these equations in Excel or on a calculator.
- A successful track record closing deals and delivering results
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Time management, organization, and customer service skills are essential for this role.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and deal with pressure.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to sell, persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Must have demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customers and suppliers.
- Proven ability to originate new business and convert a lead into a qualified prospect.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top