We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Web Developer, Frontend in our Guadalajara, Mexico location.
As our newest team member, you will be a part of implementing innovations on our eCommerce world presence. Our eCommerce presence must not only provide shopping access to over 300 million searchable products, highly interactive design tools, and live access to specialists, but also continue to keep pace with the demand for the Internet of Things.
By 2020, there will be an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the internet. As a web developer on Arrow's premier eCommerce website, you will be a part of connecting engineers to the information and products they need to build these devices. Your work will directly contribute to the future of the internet, five years out.
You will apply your skills and knowledge in the design, implementation and maintenance of highly scalable software solutions. You are someone with a long career practicing good design and striking a balance between benefiting from the next great thing and delivering the greatest thing you can today.
We are looking for someone who is excited about being a member of our team, and contributing their years of experience to the team's collective growth and success. Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on our adherence to Agile development methodologies, resulting in malleable processes that consistently deliver value while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. By sharing responsibilities, Agile team members contribute by exercising their strengths and are always exploring the latest technologies.
We're looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, learn more about the leading edge of web technology, and see results in real-world applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Provide value by developing UI solutions in line with business requirements. Work closely with Product Owners, Analysts and QA in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security and maintenance of web application, and to ensure code meets development standards and guidelines. Contribute to a DevOps culture and development of continuous integrations processes and tools. Mentor Junior developers on technical approaches and best practices. Challenge established norms and innovate. Participate in UI/UX testing with designers. Contribute to the success of your team and company. Make a difference.
- Strong in frontend architecture and design patterns
- Efficient and well-structured use of HTML5 and CSS
- Ability create pixel perfect UI from a given design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Use of asynchronous data send and retrieval patterns to develop rich in-browser user interfaces
- Comfort with and understanding of a version control, continuous integration, and deployment tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using Agile methodologies and tools such as Scrum and JIRA
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide recommendations to complex web application issues
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent technical experience
Work History / Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience utilizing comparable skills in a comparable software development environment.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- eCommerce website development
- Design for mobile devices and responsive layouts
- Sass or LESS CSS pre-processor experience
- Applied Agile development methodology experience such as 1-2 years Scrum Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
What is in it for you?
- Training Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow's technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location:Zapopan (Av. Aviacion)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top