Warehouse Supervisor (Mid-Shift)
- Reno, NV
Warehouse Supervisor (Mid-Shift)
Arrow Electronics is looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals that work well in a fast-paced computer and electronics distribution center in Reno, NV.
This position supports the Logistics Team in directing the overall activities of the distribution center and interfaces with the supervisors of the other departments to ensure an efficient operation with maximum utilization of available human and material resources.
You will maintain a high level of employee morale and integrity in the department through positive motivation, development and training; direct daily operations of the shift consistent with established productivity, service level and quality standards; maintain performance reports to include internal and external quality and weekly and monthly shift productivity; take disciplinary action when necessary in accordance with Arrow policy and procedures and evaluate operational procedures to present improved methods for consideration.
Mid-Shift: 12pm-9pm OR 11:30am-8:30pm M-F
Overtime: As directed, depending on business needs.
Pay: Salary - based on experience
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for day-to-day functions of shipping or picking department, ensuring goals are met or exceeded
- Supervise day-to-day operation of shipping or picking department, within the distribution center consisting of non-exempt tactical personnel
- Directly supervise a team of 25 people on average
- With specific direction from management and HR, participate in staffing, terminations, disciplinary counseling, performance management and development, in conjunction with facility management
- Report and track department metrics, responding to internal customer inquiries. May need to elevate or work in conjunction with facility management to resolve complex issues
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Receive guidance and oversight from manager
- Typically do not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised
- Accountable for the results of small-sized routine support or production operations teams
- Solve problems based on set policies and procedures
- Train team members and provide input to employee performance evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of large teams in a warehouse environment
- Strong people management skills
- Tolerance for the physical demands of working in a warehouse (ability to stand, lift, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time in an environment that is climate controlled)
- Proficient knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management and mentor those who report through the position
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean concepts, 5S
- Ability to easily interpret and use statistics in day-to-day decision making
- Basic statistical modeling
- Project management concepts/principles
- Root Cause Analysis, Pareto, and flow charts
- Evaluating processes to optimize product handling, product flow, and layouts
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisor role
- Prior experience in a distribution environment
What's in It for You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-NV-Reno, Nevada (Maestro Dr)
Supply Chain Services
Back to top