Warehouse Storing Afternoon Shift
Warehouse Storing Afternoon Shift
At Arrow Electronics, our people are the momentum behind all that we do, and together we will accelerate growth in our core businesses, high-growth product sets and technology lifecycle services. We are as committed to the individual success of our people as we are to that of the company. We encourage all employees to take an active role in managing their career, not only to support our global strategy but also to advance themselves professionally.
• Responsible for labor distribution and workflow to ensure quality and production goals are met.
• Support of one function within a warehouse department; shipping, receiving, etc.
• Transport/staging of product.
• Maintain work and product store areas.
• Has no prior relevant training or work experience
• Contributes indirectly to specific unskilled tasks or processes
• Has no discretion to vary from established procedures
Experience / Education:
Typically requires a high school diploma and no prior related experience or equivalent related experience. For warehouse jobs: Typically requires 1-3 years of experience. May require specific certifications.
Position Summary :
The Warehouse Associate in the Storing Department is responsible for the effective handling and receipt of electronic components in the Primary Distribution Center. Under general supervision the Warehouse Receiving Supervisor the Associate performs both physical and administrative tasks that support the quality, efficiency, and service goals of the Primary Distribution Center.
- 1 year warehouse or relevant experience
- Able to read printed numbers, letters, and symbols with a 5-point font size
- Know or Learn to effectively and safely operate facility material handling equipment (e.g.; forklift, pallet jack, Automated Storage & Retrieval system, carousel) and packaging equipment (e.g.; tape machine, pad pack machine) after applicable training period(s)
- Perform end-user computer functions (e.g.; data input, interpret information and instructions from computer screens) on Warehouse computer systems (e.g.; terminals and RF units)
- Ability to continually stand; regularly bend, twist, stoop, and reach; frequently handle, lift and push product and equipment up to 30 lbs.; occasionally handle, lift, and push product and equipment up to 50 lbs
- Basic math skills to be able to count quickly and accurately
- Work effectively and flexibly in a team environment
- Work required overtime as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be comfortable working under productivity and quality standards
- Respectful and team contributor (cleanliness and communication)
- Flexible work schedule as needed
- Available Scheduled Shifts include: 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. (with overtime)
What is in it for you?
- $14.40/hr. Starting wage + incentive pay
- Climate controlled environment with excellent break room facilities
- Conveniently located off Longley, easy access off freeway, S. Virginia St, or S. McCarran Blvd.
- Training and skills development and performance coaching
- Opportunity for advancement working with a global Fortune 150 company
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, domestic partners program and more
- Community involvement opportunities, company functions, employee recognition programs, etc.
Back to top