Warehouse Associate Lead
Position:Warehouse Associate Lead
The Warehouse Associate Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations of their team, to ensure that departmental goals and objectives are met. These responsibilities include the administration of the functions, to include all departments within the facility.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and monitor the work load and flow of all associates to assure that standards for efficiency, quality, safety and housekeeping are maintained, serve as a backup to all functions in the work areas
- Training of employees as it pertains to company work methods, processing procedures, and technical skill development
- Assist in the reporting of accidents and injuries to the department manager and other designated points of contact (HR, EHS)
- Escalate issues and problems to management and/or appropriate support groups as necessary
- Assist the Supervisor in the maintenance of departmental records and reports, including daily roster and other recordkeeping activities related to ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and production quality
- Serve as a backup for all the functions in the facility
- Maintain system transactions and paperwork that validate the processing of material though the company's warehouse management system APD
- Maintain departmental records and reports
- Inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to manifest specifications; identify and report shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies; monitor activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders/shipments.
- Coordinate the activities necessary to receive, sort, clean, transfer, pack, test, inventory, tear down and shipping of customer assets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Skills: Leadership ability, continuous process improvement, customer service skills, conflict resolution, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, WMS experience.
- Expert knowledge of PC systems, laptops, servers and peripheral product at an expert level
- Understanding and knowledge of workflow within all areas of the operation
- Functional Knowledge: Expert knowledge in setting up and testing of PC, laptop, network, server and peripheral product. Must have a broader knowledge of other areas in order to understand how they related to the specific work required.
- Business Expertise: Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area (such as department or branch).
- Leadership: Provides training, allocates work, checks progress and completion.
- Problem Solving – Ability to analyze information and resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of technical experience guided by precedent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge in setting up and testing of PC, laptop, network, server and peripheral product.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to coordinate and motivate a team.
- Computer skills - MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Proficient knowledge of WMS.
- Familiar with requirements pertaining to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, RIOS, & R2 standards.
- Proficient level business process knowledge in picking, packing and shipping of PC, laptop, network, server, and peripheral components.
- Able to stand and walk for a full 8 hour shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds continuously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Ability to work overtime as needed and be flexible with shift changes.
- Ability to safely load, transfer, and unload pallets and skids.
- Ability to safely use material handling tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and write English; ability to read and understand written work instructions
- CompTIA A+ Certification
Physical functions required to perform this job include lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, transporting, sorting, piling and stacking. Activities are routine and repetitive in nature.
Location:Smyrna (US Micro)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top