Warehouse Associate I - Picking Part-Time
Warehouse Associate: Picking
At Arrow Electronics, our people are the momentum behind all that we do, and together we will accelerate growth in our core businesses, high-growth product sets and technology lifecycle services. We are as committed to the individual success of our people as we are to that of the company. We encourage all employees to take an active role in managing their career, not only to support our global strategy but also to advance themselves professionally.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the effective handling and processing of electronic components in the Primary Distribution Center. Under general supervision the Warehouse Associate performs both physical and administrative tasks that support the quality, efficiency, and service goals of the Primary Distribution Center.
- 1+ Yrs. experience
- Able to read printed numbers, letters, and symbols with a 5-point font size
- Know or Learn to effectively and safely operate facility material handling equipment (e.g.; forklift, pallet jack, Automated Storage & Retrieval system, carousel) and packaging equipment (e.g.; tape machine, pad pack machine) after applicable training period(s)
- Perform end-user computer functions (e.g.; data input, interpret information and instructions from computer screens) on Warehouse computer systems (e.g.; terminals and RF units)
- Ability to continually stand; regularly bend, twist, stoop, and reach; frequently handle, lift and push product and equipment up to 30 lbs.; occasionally handle, lift, and push product and equipment up to 50 lbs
- Basic math skills to be able to count quickly and accurately
- Work effectively and flexibly in a team environment
- Work required overtime as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be comfortable working under productivity and quality standards
- Respectful and team contributor (cleanliness and communication)
- Flexible work schedule as needed
- Potential Available Shifts:
- 4am – 12:30pm, 8:30am – 4pm or 9:30am – 6pm
What is in it for you?
- $12/hr starting wage + incentive pay
- Climate controlled environment
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2014 sales of $22.8 billion. Our team includes 17,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
“Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired. Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of you request and your contact information.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ON-LINE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top