Warehouse Associate I
Description of Major Duties:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify accuracy of information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, and or other records.
- Visually inspects product looking for basic signs of counterfeit parts.
- Extract items from staging rack and counts items to verify packaging and shipping accordingly.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers and binds containers with plastic banding.
- Posts weights, and shipping charges, and affixes postage on cartons.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Routes items to proper departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Data entry on the PC to include processing orders and logging in/out inventory.
- Bar-coding with bar-code scanner.
- Creates shipping labels for outbound shipments.
- Reviews compliance and shipping documents.
- Accepts additional responsibilities as requested.
- A high school diploma
- 1 year of recent warehouse experience is required.
- Experience in shipping, receiving, and handling electronic components is preferred.
- Must have basic math skills, the ability to pay extremely close attention to detail and be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
Back to top