Entry Level Warehouse Associate
Arrow Electronics is a global distributor of electronic components and parts and a provider of technology products, services and solutions. Our 2015 sales were $23.5 billion and we have 460 locations in 58 countries with 18,000 employees (www.arrow.com).
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Associate at our Arrow Value Recovery warehouse in our Gahanna, Ohio location.
Arrow’s Value Recovery group is a worldwide provider of IT asset disposition (ITAD) and aftermarket solutions designed to deliver data security, efficiency and value. With specialized expertise in reverse logistics, IT asset management, and asset recovery, Arrow enables organizations to uncover hidden value and increase sustainability at the end of the IT product life cycle (www.arrowvaluerecovery.com).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the physical activities necessary to receive, sort, clean, transfer, pack, and tear down inventory through the designated work stages in the warehouse which include receiving, testing, cleaning/packing, tear down/recycling and shipping
- Physically move inventory to appropriate staging areas for further processing as per work order. Physical functions required to perform this job include lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, transporting, sorting, piling and stacking. Activities are routine and repetitive in nature. Utilize equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, material movement carts, lifts, ladders, etc.
- Maintain system transactions and paperwork that validate the processing and disposition of material though the company’s warehouse management system (ROMS2). Complete records, logs, manifests, time sheets and other pertinent documentation to support the job’s function
- Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping by following established safety procedures;
- Maintain required quality and production levels
- Other duties as required
- HS Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Tolerance for the physical demands of working in a warehouse (ability to stand, lift, bend and kneel for extended periods of time in an environment that is not climate controlled)
- Ability to safely use material handling tools and equipment
- Ability to safely load, transfer, and unload pallets and skids (must be able to lift up to 50 pounds)
- Familiarization with basic computer components
- Ability to read and write English; ability to read and understand written work instructions
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good memorization skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- 1-3 years’ experience as a laborer or warehouse worker
- Experience operating a pallet jack
- Competitive hourly rate based upon experience. Working hours are 6:00 am – 2:30 pm.
- Arrow offers generous time off which includes 14 accrued vacation days in the first year (almost 3 weeks!), 2 personal days and 9 paid holidays. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package (http://benefits.arrow.com).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top