Warehouse Associate - 2nd Shift
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Warehouse Associate supports all departments including receiving, audit, shipping and recycling. The Warehouse Associate would be a second-shift employee in the Test department at the Reno AVR facility (Moya Blvd).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
2nd Shift 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Perform the physical activities necessary to receive, sort, package, ship and teardown inventory through the designated work stages in the facility
- Move inventory to appropriate staging areas for further processing as per the statement of work
- Verify asset counts, sort, and label product
- Load and unload product onto the production line to route to the appropriate area
- Disassemble electronic equipment per company and customer specifications, utilizing equipment such as pneumatic power tools
- Identify and sort commodities into appropriate categories
- Consolidate and prepare pallets for shipment
- Utilize material handling equipment
- Maintain system transactions and paperwork that support and validate the processing and disposition of material
- Ensure quantity, quality, and accuracy of production levels
- Maintain a safe work environment by following established safety procedures
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and 5S standards within facility and daily workspace
- Collaborate with team members, leads, and supervisors to contribute to department-wide production & quality goals
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with pneumatic hand tools preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Able to stand and walk for a full 8 hour shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds continuously
- Ability to work overtime as needed and be flexible with shift changes.
- Ability to safely load, transfer, and unload pallets and skids.
- Ability to safely use material handling tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and write English; ability to read and understand written work instructions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Physical functions required to perform this job include lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, transporting, sorting, piling and stacking. Activities are routine and repetitive in nature.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top