Virtual Field Application Engineer
Virtual Field Application Engineer
Arrow Electronics, Inc. - a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world's best technology companies think "Five Years Out," working together to continually innovate the "next big thing". We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2016 sales of $23.83 billion.
As a virtual field application engineer, you will be working with new and emerging customers across a variety of industries. You will support customer needs and provide technical leadership to champion Arrow initiatives and promote customer success through our Arrow/Indiegogo partnership.
Jr. Engineers are encouraged to APPLY
- Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs through the Arrow/Indiegogo partnership as well as online chat and other digital engineering support as required. Understand customer needs and leverage Arrow's engineering and design services resources to facilitate solutions for customers. Apply technical knowledge to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the digital sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Technical calibrations & research with sales & other Arrow depts. & Suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, online design tool initiatives, and Arrow.com promotions.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Host pre-scheduled meetings with customers/entrepreneurs to discuss technical design and identify areas Arrow can solve
- Participate in daily huddles and regular techstorms with team to discuss entrepreneur technology requirements
- Cross parts with Arrow franchised supplier line cards and focus on getting Arrow parts onto customer bill of materials
- Attend Supplier Trainings where appropriate and maintain registrations on Arrow DW Eligible Parts
Experience / Education
- Exp working with design tools and applications
- Familiar with IoT technology.
- Exp working in CAD
- College degree in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering are highly preferred
- Sufficient technical knowledge to be considered a trusted technical adviser to the customer
- Industry and supply chain knowledge and basic business acumen
- Working knowledge of design process
- Understanding of how to leverage specialized internal functional resources
- Project management and/or relationship building experiences in a related field
- Some sales experience (1-2 years)
- Some technical experience supporting customer hardware or software projects or other related experience (1-2 years)Job Complexity
• Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
• Works under general supervision
• Beginning to solve some straightforward problems
• Has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top