Vice President, North America Sales & Business Development
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
VP, North America Sales & Business Development, Arrow Intelligent Systems (formerly Arrow OCS).
The Vice President of North America Sales & Business Development is a highly collaborative, influential, and experienced senior sales leader responsible for creating growth opportunities which significantly accelerate Arrow Intelligent Systems’ revenue and profitability and help fulfill the company’s vision to expand its client base.
As a key member of the global executive management team, this position achieves these goals by developing, leading and implementing the company’s North America sales and business development strategy. This includes business development activities aimed at supporting the growth of Arrow Intelligent Systems (AIS) existing client portfolio as well as driving net new, organic growth opportunities. This executive is also responsible for developing and leading a world-class sales & business development organization supported by clear and effective tools, processes and plans.
The Vice President of Sales & Business Development reports to and works closely with the Global President of AIS and collaborates with a broad range of Arrow functions and senior executives.
- Work closely with AIS leadership to implement and execute the Business Development (BD) strategy which supports the overall growth and profitability goals of Arrow AIS.
- Provide expertise and input into the product and services portfolio strategic planning process.
- Lead all key Sales and Business Development strategic and tactical plans.
- Complete and maintain a landscape of business opportunities aligned with AIS’s growth strategy and identify key actionable targets.
- Create growth opportunities by proactively engaging potential targets and leveraging industry relationships, internal resources and applicable networks.
- Lead all phases of the deal process from initial engagement to cross-functional diligence, valuation, negotiation, integration planning, deal closing, and executive reporting.
- Continue to shepherd deals post-close including leading post-close performance and integration reviews i.e. full on-boarding of new clients.
- Lead and support negotiation and contracting efforts with industry partners and vendors in collaboration with other functions as needed.
- Develop and implement partnerships to create new revenue generating opportunities and channels for AIS’s existing products and services.
- Develop and implement a world-class Sales & Business Development capability with clear and effective processes, communication mechanisms, and execution targets.
- Define, document, and provide training to identify, select, prioritize and assess key opportunities and execute the deal process.
- Lead cross-functional teams to complete specific activities such as diligence, margin analysis and integration planning.
- Lead regular execution and communication forums mechanisms such as monthly executive reviews and monthly deal tracking and assessments.
- Lead all sales execution for North America, including inside sales, business development and field sales. Provide the leadership necessary to bring on the best talent and develop an innovative environment while managing priorities, resources, decision clarity, and business development processes to achieve net new business goals and objectives.
- Hire, develop, inspire and mentor employees through alignment of objectives, coaching, providing challenging assignments, and ongoing feedback of progress on objectives and projects.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Arrow leaders in multiple functions.
- Manage the N.A. Sales and Business Development Annual Operating Plan.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- BS with MBA preferred.
- Proved success in sales/new business development senior executive roles in mid-to-large public companies with North America operations.
- The preferred candidate will have 10+ years of experience in sales/business development with demonstrable results in their ability to significantly grow top line and bottom line results.
- Proven experience leading a sales/business development organization including translating overall company goals into an executable sales strategy and identifying appropriate targets.
- A creative deal maker with proven experience negotiating, evaluating and executing a broad range of deals at the senior level.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and financial modeling skills and experience.
- Excellent executive presence and relationship management skills.
- Direct experience in leading North America, cross-functional projects and teams.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, including written communications, presentations, rapport building, and influencing skills.
- Excellent senior team leadership and collaboration skills with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, and manage employees.
- Adept at change leadership and management with the ability to diagnose problems, articulate a plan, and implement solutions.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality and execution.
- Operations experience is preferred.
- Bias to action and perseverance to follow through – ability to self-motivate to successfully develop and execute action plans.
- Strong attention to detail and exacting work standards.
- Unquestionably high ethical standards and attention to reputation and compliance risks.
- Ability to think critically and in tactical and strategic dimensions simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in real time and exercise judgment in high-paced, high-stakes environment.
- Strong team orientation: Team-first mentality and demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional efforts, effectively leading others to deliver.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and support within all levels of the organization (i.e. peers, subordinates and senior management).
- A strong influential leader and great communicator able to work with all levels of the organization.
- As a leader in the company, he/she will inspire and build community through connecting people to our mission and vision, and invest in building relationships and trust in the organization.
- This individual will provide clarity for decision-making and role-model integrity and objectivity. He/she will share and welcome ideas and challenge the status quo.
- This leader will illustrate personal and organizational accountability through effective goal setting, goal attainment and follow-through.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: 50+% travel; visiting with key external stakeholders and client meetings.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top