- Lead the development of the vendor strategy (Vendor Blue Print) in collaboration with engineering, sales and marketing. Share final blue print with relevant stakeholders
- Establish strategic priorities, key initiatives and measurable outcomes that are aligned to objectives set by the vendor
- Develop and co-ordinate the execution of activity plans with marketing, engineering and sales
- Ensure activity and sales performance is recorded and reported to internal stake holders and to the vendor on a regular basis.
- Preparation and running of quarterly or half-yearly business reviews (QBRs/HBRs), including preparation and presentation of content.
- Ensure the vendor plans have appropriate resourcing and funding to achieve maximum vendor profitability e.g.: by achieving KPI rebates
Vendor Business Development
- Be the subject matter expert for the vendor's channel program and technology
- Establish Arrow's priorities in relation to growing market share and developing new business (as part of your vendor strategy)
- Ensure Arrow staff have the necessary tools to successfully sell and support the vendor's product range
- Communicate with the sales, operations and finance teams regarding technology updates, promotions, new products, webex sessions etc
- Enable our sales team so that our CDMs can sell into the channel via the vendor's key partners
- Work with our CDMs to influence and steer opportunities to Arrow
- Understand and report on competitive vendors and distributors
- Support the Vendor Business Manager to deliver the elements of vendor cross-sell and up-sell through Arrow's LEEP methodology (Extend)
- Own the launch of new vendor programs and products into the business, ensuring all relevant parts of the business know what they need to do
- Have an understanding the vendors transaction models:
- licencing requirements
- bundling options and cross sell opportunities
- discount and pricing structures
- If recruitment is part of the vendor strategy, establish a list of development partners for recruit/accelerate activity
- Assist the CDM with the vendor-specific business activity plans with development partners - using the BAP template provided
- Promote and drive deal registration across partners
- Identify opportunities to execute vendor LEEP campaigns for Land and Expand
- Identify opportunities to attach Arrow Channel Services
- Develop campaigns to attach Arrow Channel Services and similar to LEEP, bring together the relevant people to build the campaign
- Vendor sales forecast gap analysis and cross-referencing as required
- Assess vendor deal registration and pipeline reports and align to CDMs
- Disseminate vendor provided pipeline and bookings list to the relevant people at Arrow to maximise a clean order process when the order is received e.g.: finance can review credit status for the partner; sales operations can manage stock availability.
Activity planning and execution
- Increase market share and performance of product range through development and implementation of an activity/channel plan for each vendor
- Work with the Vendor MDF Administrator to ensure all proposed activities in the plan are in line with the vendor's MDF program
- Manage all campaign execution with the support of the Marketing team, Sales Engineers and Channel Development Managers. Coordinate:
- through-partner lead generation.
- compiling content with the vendor that forms the campaign (series of eDMs, landing pages etc)
- either vendor or Arrow-driven
- working with vendor/Arrow SEs to put together schedules
- Work with marketing to lock in venues and catering
- For small group enablement, manage invites directly via Outlook and manage RSVPs via Salesforce
- For large group enablement, work with marketing to send invites and manage registrations
- vendor events, road shows and trade shows, including driving attendance of delegates as required.
- Managing the reg desk on the day of the event
- Being at the vendor booth at an event
- promotions and incentives relating to the campaign
- For example, rebates, extended terms etc
- cross-sell campaigns
- ensuring your vendor's content is current on our website
- anything else that is relevant
- through-partner lead generation.
- Use Salesforce for activity/campaign tracking
- Understand and follow digital marketing briefing processes and workflows to ensure the timely execution of any digital content as part of your activity plan.
Vendor MDF Management
- In line with the vendor Blue Print, seek vendor funding to support the execution of the vendor's channel activity plan (compliant with the vendor's MDF program)
- Understand the vendors' MDF program and maximise use of available funds for your campaigns. Work within the vendor's MDF process and guidelines.
- Work with the MDF Administrator (located in the finance team) to manage all MDF requests and claims. Work within the internal MDF process and understand how to balance compliance with being creative.
- Ensure the website content is up to date with current vendor marketing programs, promotions, training, events, webex sessions, product announcements, vendor logo branding etc (executed by the Digital Marketing team)
- Brief the campaign manager to develop e-newsletters and execute other e-marketing campaigns - comms plan
- Establish and develop a business relationship with the vendor's channel leadership, channel managers, marketing and sales (end user focused) teams
- Be fully informed on the vendor partner program and support all key elements of its execution across the business
- Facilitate and nurture relationship between Arrow and the vendor key resources - Sales, engineering, marketing, operations, internal sales, renewals and end user sales rep etc.
- we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, creative and passionate about business development and marketing for technology products and services, can "own" their portfolio, and deliver in a high-performance, dynamic environment.
This role requires you to be a product champion for a specific portfolio of strategic vendors and work with the vendors to deliver on the business goals they set for the ANZ channel. You will work closely with Arrow's engineering, sales and digital marketing teams to deliver on your vendors' strategies and goals.
St Leonards (DC)
Product Management & Supplier Marketing
Back to top