Vendor Management / Indirect Sourcing Intern - Full Time - Summer 2017
Vendor Management / Indirect Sourcing Intern – Full Time – Summer 2017
Denver, CO (Denver Tech Center)
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in over 85 countries.
A Fortune 120 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers – the best technology companies in the world – and connects them through the company’s industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 160+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
Support and execute Vendor Management related activities in support of the various Arrow business units/departments as assigned for each applicable category. Assist in implementing new or improving systems / processes associated with RFX, contracts and other vendor management related documents.
Under the leadership of a Category Lead;
- Develop RFX, evaluate vendor responses, and qualify and recommend finalist vendors for each assigned area. This includes assisting the internal business contacts in developing requirements and scope of work, administrating the RFx to pre-qualified vendors, receiving, and consolidating responses, developing evaluation criteria and matrices, evaluating responses and conducting vendor customer reference checks.
- Conduct due diligence reviews on vendors to ensure that vendors have the financial and organizational capabilities to provide the product and/or service required.
- Report out findings of RFx activities to VMO Leader and Category Lead.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed through the competitive bidding process.
- Assist in process improvement activities associated with RFx, intranet and contracts systems / processes.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date in 2018
- Ability to work full time throughout the summer (May/June to mid-August)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as existing contracts, requirements documentation and RFX documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and to develop a financial analysis.
- Strong Microsoft skills: Excel, Power Point, and Access (preferred)
This is a paid internship.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top