Unified Communications Technician
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Technician IV (Avaya/Nortel) serves as the principal technical operations representative to our customers in installing and maintaining voice and data products. Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and servicing of voice and/or data communication/ telecommunication CPE equipment. Systems include: Avaya Communications Manager 6.0, Nortel PBX (CS1K& OPT 11), Voice Mail, Call Center, and all other peripheral and ancillary equipment. Basic Cisco knowledge would be helpful. This is an On Site position for a large customer. A US Government Secret clearance is required.
- Install analog and digital voice and data telecommunications equipment including PBX systems, key systems, and peripherals
- Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for analog and digital voice and data problems and for point to point as well as point to CO applications
- Complete work orders for adds, moves and changes, and repairs in one or more product lines
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers
- Provide rotating 24 hour on-call coverage
- Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized dispatch on his/ her routes on a daily basis
- Submit all paperwork associated with jobs including: time spent per activity, equipment used, services provided, mileage logs, installation forms, site surveys and weekly expense reports
- Maintain a complete and updated truck inventory of all tools and equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Submit requests for additional supplies to the Inventory Control Coordinator on a timely basis
- Develop and maintain a current database on all products he/ she has worked
- Additional responsibilities as position requires
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: (education, experience, technical skills, communication skills, customer focus, time management skills, independence, accuracy)
- 5+ years telecommunications experience
- Avaya/Nortel training/ certifications required
- HW/SW Certifications preferred
- Solid technical knowledge of product systems
- Ability to handle projects at a complex level
- Ability to work on own with discretion; Ability to act as project lead to other technicians
- Good customer service skills with good communication skills and solid work ethic
- Valid drivers license
- PC proficiency with MS Office product experience
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top