Transportation Import-Export Manager
Position:Transportation Import-Export Manager
The Transportation Import/Export Manager will partner with distribution facilities across North America and collaborate with internal organizations to facilitate regional import/export processes and programs.
- Manage the movement of products in and out of the United States in accordance with company policy and procedure, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage the activities of carriers and brokers with regards to import/export processes and execution.
- Analyze and recommend import/export process and cost improvements as well as appropriate brokers and carriers to be used. Assist with negotiating carrier and broker programs.
- Ensure the effective use of systems and tools to support import/export processes including ERPs and warehouse and transportation management systems; ensure outputs produce adherence to regulations and company processes.
- Initiate system recommendations and support documentation to promote import/export process enhancements.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities, including record keeping.
- Manage export filing processes, systemic and manual.
- Manage import visibility, classification, valuation and duty/tax payment.
- Manage training programs with distribution facilities to ensure process adherence and compliance to established procedures.
- Partner with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant import/export activities and processes.
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations related to import/export activities.
- Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet the needs of the organization.
- Resolve Import/Export issues and customs problems on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor degree in related area or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years related experience
- Experience working with small parcel, ocean, air freight, LTL shipments and carriers
- Experience working with Freight Forwarders
- Ability to retrieve, manipulate and present data
- Strong project management and multitasking skills with adherence to deadlines
- Ability to recognize opportunities and communicate to direct leadership
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Strong MS Access, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience working with a TMS, WMS and other Supply Chain systems
- Experience in import and export rules and regulations
- Customs Broker license preferred, or willing to obtain within 6 months
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top