Transportation Associate Manager I
Position:Transportation Associate Manager I
The Transportation Associate Manager I supervises a team in the Asset Value Recovery group along with some direct responsibility for functional work. This role will manage a dispatch team and support the company fleet, including the driver workforce, ensuring that all state and federal regulations are being met and will be a key contributor to improving processes and performance of the transportation team. This position guides and instructs direct reports; provides performance feedback and training. The perfect candidate would be a self-motivated analytical thinker with fleet operations management experience and skills that would drive results with little to no supervision.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, direct, and participate in logistics operations which consist of reverse logistics, forward logistics, international shipments, and inter-company transfers.
- Ensure proper routing and maximization of our private fleet on a daily execution basis.
- Responsible for international shipping initiatives for the company.
- Ability to manage a team of dispatchers in regards to strategic transportation duties and initiatives.
- Train both dispatch team and fleet drivers on new processes, adjusted processes, or on-boarding.
- Responsible in making sure all proper paper work, BOLS, and documentation is collected and uploaded to our internal systems in a timely manner.
- Conduct performance reviews for the dispatch team.
- Assist the Fleet Supervisor in various trainings, analysis, and company initiatives.
- Responsible for addressing, monitoring, and resolving any container shortages "pooled inventory management". Secured containers are used in our network for secured pickups at client sites.
- Maintain routing guide for our processing plant network.
- Research and resolve issues as it pertains to freight charges, pick up issues, missing or damaged assets, etc.
- Ensure all federal and state DOT regulations are met
- Proactively manage area of responsibility to ensure profitability and take steps to correct as needed
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, managing and motivating the dispatch workforce through utilization of reporting and analytics.
- Ensure KPIs are met and take steps to correct as needed to drive efficiency
- Provide ongoing thought leadership to drive profitability and growth in the business
- Responsible for training, troubleshooting on fleet technology (Xata / XRS)
JOB SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a logistics or transportation company working directly with fleet operations functions
- Proficient experience with TMS platform such as Mercy Gate, Lean Logistics, etc or order management system.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Prior management or supervisory experience
- Must have in-depth experience in international shipping both importing and exporting.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality results within tight deadlines by prioritizing, identifying roadblocks, and collaborating with colleagues and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to proactively identify, address, and prevent potential issues
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and effectively with limited supervision
- Attention to detail with high standards of accuracy and review
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload of team
- Demonstrated ability to present and effectively communicate with Sr. Management
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing demands; thrives in dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top