The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides professional, sophisticated, efficient trading and service for buy side transactions, including but not limited to the buying of computers, computer peripherals and accessories, and or semiconductors, subassemblies and other electronic items while utilizing a proprietary information database to effect customer/vendor transactions. The Purchasing Representative is responsible for developing, prospecting, and servicing an account base by extracting material availability, vendor requirements, creating opportunities, negotiating transaction variables and closing orders. Ensures total customer/vendor satisfaction. Responsible for meeting or exceeding the performance standards set forth by the Director.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Prospect for new accounts and mapping out developed and assigned account base in order to pull in or create new product availabilities and to make proactive offers.
- Create supply and sales opportunities by utilizing the X-Trade system.
- Using discretion and proper judgment in negotiating with customer to close purchase orders and overcome objections while maintaining appropriate business margins.
- Under the direction of Management, make prompt business decisions about whether to buy particular assets in any particular situation.
- Identify and create innovative purchasing opportunities.
- Execution and understanding of the purchase order process.
- Maintains and adheres to appropriate purchasing metrics and business requirements set forth by Management to include daily phone time, new prospect development, and maintains and enhances customer relationships.
- Learns, understands and remains current on market conditions including, but not limited to, customer/vendor base and their availabilities and requirements, pricing and competitive alternatives.
- Under the direction Management, develops and implements strategic purchase programs at key accounts.
- Understand and ensure adherence to Converge credit requirements.
- Consistently maintains and accurately updates the information database.
- Work jointly with Senior Traders, Commodity Managers, Sales Managers, Order Management, Asset recovery Group, Converge regional offices, and Sales to ensure full customer service.
- Work with all team members in the organization to maximize buy-side and sell-side trading opportunities.
- Develop new and unique customers and accounts.
- Will be expected to perform the majority of the above duties under minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position involves sitting and or walking for considerable lengths of time.
- A high school diploma and/or four year college degree
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Minimum of one year purchasing experience in the computer/electronic industry; including Computers, computer peripherals, hard drives, memory and CPU’s and other related items
- Ability to define, develop, nurture and maintain new accounts
- Minimum one year experience in consultative purchasing and long term purchasing
- Ability to understand and assimilate the Converge purchasing systems
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills to include Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Thorough knowledge of sales skills, strategies and the marketplace
- Team player
- Intensely entrepreneurial
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Willingness to promote the company’s culture, policies and values
- Some travel required
Internal Contacts: Reports directly to the Director of Technology Products. Interfaces daily with various Sales and Purchasing staff as well as Commodity Managers and customers.
External Contacts: Interfaces daily with customers.
SUPERVISION: No direct reports.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top