Test Technician II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and testing of IT equipment and components with software programs
- Perform set up and data wipe; perform audit verification of data wipe
- Perform minor troubleshooting on units missing hardware using established test equipment and procedures
- Prepare and assemble product as well as identify non-conforming issues
- Analyze symptoms displayed by unit to determine pass or fail status
- Perform minor mechanical or electronic adjustment to equipment being tested.
- Disassemble and remove subassemblies
- Maintain a safe work environment and exceptional housekeeping by following established safety procedures including wearing required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Maintain required quality and production levels
- Maintain administrative related duties in a timely manner (i.e. reports, timely punches at time clock, etc.)
- Ability to identify basic IT devices including, PC’s, laptops, HDD’s, printers, networking, monitors
Ability to identify and work with server blade enclosures and blade servers.
Ability clear and test enterprise level networking equipment.
Good knowledge and understanding of part, parts removal and harvesting for later use.
- Intermediate level unit testing experience and ability to monitor multiple systems at a time
- Ability to identify system test failures and apply above average knowledge of computer hardware
- Ability to use test equipment/simulators to test components
- Good understanding of software diagnostic tools
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, production, or general labor work environment
- Technical/functional knowledge of computer hardware
- A+ certification
- Associates (two year) degree
Must be comfortable working under productivity and quality standards
- Must like working independently
- Impeccable attendance is required (reliability)
- Respectful and team contributor (cleanliness and communication)
- Be available to work a flexible work schedule as needed
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top