Technical Support Engineer - Arrow ECS Education
Position:Technical Support Engineer - Arrow ECS Education
Reporting to the Technical Training Manager, the primary aim of the role will be to provide technical support to the Arrow ECS Training Services division.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Maintaining Arrow ECS Education Centre's 100 plus classroom desktops. To develop, maintain, support, desktop/laptop systems, OS deployment and configuration, software packages using deploying and managing tools like Symantec Ghost
- To undertake investigation, diagnosis and resolution of PCs, operating systems and hardware problems.
- Setting up the desktops and laptops for the various vendors training run by Arrow ECS Education.
- Supporting live training classes and interfacing with various lab vendors for problem resolution.
- Provide 1st level network support.
- Maintain/Update course requirement profile and support course image creation.
- Document technical process guidelines where required.
- Experience of working in a customer facing, technical support role
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS (windows 7, 2003,2008)
- Knowledge of network protocols, subnetting, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Ethernet and wireless
- Knowledge of online meeting solutions like Citrix GoToTraining or WebEx
- Network support and fault diagnosis skills
- Methodical, logical and intelligent approach to problem resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff.
- Ability to learn and acquire new skills quickly.
- Willing and able to work flexibly particularly with respect to periods of high work load including weekends and evenings and willingness to travel regularly to other centres.
- Able to work under own initiative and a good team player.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top