Technical Analyst II
Position:Technical Analyst II
Our newest Business Analyst (BA) team member will help guide our eCommerce web presence development as a member of the product delivery and development team. This includes gathering and understanding business strategy & needs then identifying how best to meet those needs through software development. The BA will facilitate discussions and act as a relationship manager between business and IT teams- maintaining the project queue, work prioritization, and requirements for the application and end-user operation.
This role will analyze, validate and document business and system requirements through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry trends. The BA will utilize the Agile methodology to carry out their responsibilities.
Imagine building the foundations for multi-lingual, multi-currency ecommerce websites that support global business for customers from all over the world. Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on adherence to Agile programming methodologies, resulting in well-functioning processes that consistently deliver on-time, on-target releases while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. We mix up responsibilities, never allowing our team members to become siloed, and are always exploring the latest technologies. We're looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, and see results in real-world applications.
- Learn and understand current business operations, how they interact with the application, and where best to improve upon them through development.
- Work with Product Owners to understand the business need behind stories and create technical refinements for delivery to software web developers.
- Work with QA to validate that intent of the stories was accurately developed and work with developers to remediate any misunderstandings.
- Leverage prior experience with website development projects to learn the ins and outs of www.arrow.com including, for example, the dependencies on various web services it takes to construct each web page.
- Help maintain the software product backlog and prioritize it based on ROI and business demands.
- Communicate significant changes to the website with the appropriate stakeholders before, during and after release.
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Work with team members and stakeholders across the country and around the world.
- Alert the PO & business teams if development begins to fall behind forecasts.
- Forecast impediments to sprint completion during planning to mitigate risk and set realistic expectations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3-8 years of Business Analyst, Quality Assurance Tester, Product Owner, or similar experience
- Good planning and time management skills
- Understanding of, and experience with the SDLC
- Solid understanding of website communication mechanisms including HTTP, REST
- Experience with tools such as Fiddler, Postman, Chrome Developer Tools, etc.
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Proven experience in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, and organizational agility
- Ability to effectively communicate with end users, peers, and management how the software application can assist in supporting their needs
- Effective in cross-department collaboration
- Must be customer and end-user focused
- Must be a problem solver
- Must be detail oriented
- Agile & Scrum methodology experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience in eCommerce
- Experience working on international projects
- Experience in Project Management
Location:Denver ( Panorama)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top