Technical Account Manager
Position:Technical Account Manager
JOB TITLE: Security Technical Account Manager
DIVISION: Vendor Management
JOB LOCATION: Flexible
REPORTS TO: Lead Solution Architect
The TAM provides pre-sales technical support to the Sales & Vendor Teams around Palo Alto Networks (PAN), VMware NSX and Splunk in both a Technical & Commercial manner. This role will focus specifically on the Palo Alto Networks solution proposition within the SDDC landscape. The TAM is responsible for engaging with the relevant vendor teams, owning technical enablement and building joint propositions with the BDM team. The candidate will also have extensive knowledge and experience in security & networking architecture.
Key Skills / Experience
Experienced in Pre Sales workArchitecting Multi-Vendor OfferingsAuthor Security proposals and technical solutionsPresenting to customersUtilise Microsoft tools (Powerpoint/Visio/Project)Security Vendor accrediations Software Defined Data Centre, Cloud, Networking and Security knowledge
Knowledge of IT Market, Trends and Industry
Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
Missions:·Go-to technical specialist for sales team and downstream partners for the Palo Alto Networks Re seller Channel. ·Become a trusted advisor and thought leader, part of the Arrow Solutions team. ·Provide technical demonstrations·Onboarding and enablement of reseller and MSP partners onto the PAN channel partner journey. ·Presenting to Arrow customers the PAN security propostion with alliance partners·Deliver enablement and training utilizing the tools and labs proposed by the vendors
Vendor & Partner
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the Sales & Vendor Team covering all of the Vendor's family of products.
- Train, educate & incentivise
- Work to formulate account strategies.
- Make pre-sales calls on prospective partners , participate in local and regional seminars, and act as their technical account manager for their existing customers.
- Be the focal point for customer evaluations, proof of concepts, and demonstrations.
- Is expected to stay knowledgeable of current industry technology, trends, and the competition.
- Spend a considerable amount of time presenting in front of customers in small (round table) discussions as well as large (seminar) audiences.
- Work in tandem with the Sales Team in fulfilling sales goals and responding to RFI/RFPs.
- Act as a focal point in case of a technical post-sales escalation for current customers.
- Perform system deployment, installation, and integration of Vendor solutions in customer environments and DemoNet.
- Hold vendor accrediations
Competencies (Code 1250)
- Delivers Results
- Customer Service Excellence
- Influence and Relationship Building
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Presentation Skills
Hours of Work
The company's standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however due to the nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role. In addition this role is externally facing and therefore there will be the expectation that you will be required to travel upwards of 50% of the time.
Location:United kingdom - Remote
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top