Team Leader - Programming Center
Team Leader - Programming Center
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. A company with 20.000 employees worldwide and almost 900 employees working in Venlo Arrow Electronics DLC. Arrow EMEA has the largest and most modern electronic components warehouse which is in Venlo. The Distribution Logistics Centre in Venlo supplies 40.000 European customers. More than 6.000 packages a day are shipped to customers all over Europe, as well as worldwide. Arrow stands for ambition, passion and reliability and strives to be and stay #1 in the business. The corporate culture within Arrow can be described as informal, open, direct and result orientated.
What you are going to do
As Team leader in our Programming Center, you will directly manage the team of Programming Center Operators (10-15 FTE's). You will be responsible for quality of customer orders and to ensure that requested delivery quantities are achieved while keeping deadlines in mind. Along with these main responsibilities you will also:
- Lead start of shift meetings, assign tasks to team, and eventually prepare end of shit for hand over
- Monitor and audit operator performance to assure adherence to programming quality operating instructions
- Plan people, production, and orders to ensure efficient operation
- Generate production data and maintain visual performance indicators
- Take on duties of a Programming Center Supervisor in their absence
- Support production when needed and process customer orders focusing on one or more programming center function (Auto, Tape & Reel, Manual, Order Prep/Labeling, shipping)
- Train and develop operators to ensure maximum productivity
- Plan and manage maintenance to prevent failure
- Adhere to company policies and create awareness within your team
- Email and administration
What we are looking for
A communicative, reliable, and customer focused leader who is fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing) any other languages are a pre. Someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty while working alongside their team, and can set priorities when needed. Along with these qualifications, we are looking for someone who meets the below requirements/has the following skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package, internet, and computers
- Willingness to work in shifts
- Has an MBO level education or mentality (anything more is a pre)
- Is flexible, quality focused, accurate, and stress resistant
- Can work independently and communicate well with others in a group setting
- Experience in a similar structure or organization (working with electronics or semiconductors would be a pre)
Who we are
Most people live in the present, but a handful of us live in a world that doesn't exist yet - the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it's a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what's coming and stay ahead of what's ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We're a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you've never seen to things you can't live without. A Fortune 118 company with more than 18,800 employees in over 80 countries, and 2017 sales of $26.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world's leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you'll enjoy working with us.
What Arrow has to offer
- Ability to work for an international Fortune 500 company
- Possibilities for growth
- Flexible Working Hours
- Vacation allowance
- 31 / 34 days holiday a year
- (Flexible) Employee benefits
- Challenging and dynamic role within a high-tech organization
- Informal, open, direct, and enjoyable work environment
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top