Support & Field Service Engineer
Position:Support & Field Service Engineer
JOB TITLE: Support and Field Service Engineer (Roaming)
DIVISION: Support Services
JOB LOCATION: Bristol
REPORTS TO: Support Manager
Provide technical support and coordinate managed services delivery to our Global customers and partners from our prestigious Network Operations Centre (NOC). Our services are varied and include best of breed vendors such as Check Point, Blue Coat, Juniper, F5 and more so there is lot's to learn.
Make onsite visits to UK customers when necessary for RMA, installation and maintenance. The ideal candidate will also be expected to join an out-of-hours on-call rota which involves extensive travel and staying away from home.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about networking, security, Linux and all things technical. You will have the opportunity to acquire lots of new skills, so the ideal candidate will be keen to learn, embrace new technologies and commit to rapid skills development. This role involves continuous learning and development, training will be provided on the products you will be supporting and you will be expected to show commitment and be self-motivated to study.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Provide 2nd & 3rd line technical support via email/telephone/live-chat to our global customers, using initiative to help customers as much as possible. A percentage of calls will be of a complex technical nature.
- Attend and host remote support sessions with customers/vendors to diagnose faults, review configurations and resolve faults.
- Resolve escalated support incidents from our customers and partners.
- Visit customer sites throughout the UK for installation and maintenance & consultancy.
- Work on an out-of-hours on-call rota that will involve staying away from home regularly.
- Provide primary support for our customers and be responsible for answering technical support questions and resolving error conditions that affect customer installations and applications.
- Replicate customer configurations as required to troubleshoot complex errors.
- Progress simultaneous high-profile/high-priority issues.
- Be recognised as an expert in your field and assist others.
- Completely and accurately document all work activity in the customer support tracking system.
- Open and track trouble tickets with vendors.
- Undertake to develop and maintain technical skills in selected products.
- Undertake training to achieve and maintain accreditation in selected products.
- Demonstrate superb customer service skills being sensitive to customer concerns whilst managing the interaction in a confident manner.
- Ability to acquire skills and develop quickly is essential.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly is essential.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands in a technical direct customer-facing role.
- A positive cheerful disposition.
- Be articulate, confident, clearly spoken and able to deliver telephone support in a friendly & professional manner.
- Be a team player, able to work effectively both within a team and individually as necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills & strongly motivated to help customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: face-to-face, telephone and written.
- A thorough understanding of common networking protocols.
- Understanding and experience of TCP/IP, routing, switching and related protocols.
- Understanding and experience of network environments and topologies.
- Structured, logical approach to fault-finding.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must reside (or relocate) within a 30 minutes commute of our Bristol office.
- Experience and knowledge of Check Point, Bluecoat, F5, Juniper, Trend Micro, Kaspersky or any of our other products would be a distinct advantage.
- Administration, installation and troubleshooting of Windows or Linux based devices and networks.
- Experience of structured fault-finding in a technical environment.
- Previous experience in busy technical support departments.
- Foreign languages skills (German, French or Spanish) would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of field based role.
Competencies (Individual Contributor)
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, takes on new opportunities and tough challenges
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions
- Innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be more successful
Hours of Work
- The company's standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch
- This role is requiring participation in an on-call rota and therefore there you may be required to travel upwards of 30% of the time and stay away from home regularly.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top