Supply Chain Solutions Manager
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present we have an opportunity for a Supply Chain Solutions Manager (SCSM). This position will support component selling groups with technical supply chain expertise and in-depth knowledge of Arrow’s Supply Chain Services. The SCSM works directly with internal and external customers to assess supply chain needs and objectives, design effective solutions and build the business case for implementation with ongoing monitoring and redesign of engagement in order to sustain profitability. This position also provides field training to ensure that the sales teams understand Arrow’s supply chain service capabilities, their value to customers, and their role in providing Arrow with competitive advantage.
- Customer Focus – Drives the development of profitable core customer supply chain service strategies through prioritized market needs, focusing on those with the greatest opportunity; working with internal branch management to identify customers with the greatest opportunity and develop plans to actualize through demonstrating Arrow’s value; using advanced analysis tools and techniques to probe deeply into customer processes and leverage results to propose broader solutions outside of core service offerings. Utilizes detailed financials as a means to both substantiate proposals for customers and to help sell these solutions to the customer. Ability to build models that cross multiple sites and functions such as design, production and contract manufacturing both domestically and globally. During QBR process review customer metrics for key engagements proactively vs reactively. Make recommendations for changes to engagements or additional service opportunities.
- Internal Focus – Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in investigating opportunities for enhancing branch productivity through means such as eCompass, No Touch and LVA. Work with sales management to ensure that Arrow receives maximum value from these services. Monitor implementation process, stepping in to provide assistance and guidance when needed to ensure same. Ability to proactively and creatively recommend solutions beyond stated customer needs. Ability to recognize benefits above and beyond both the customer focus area and Arrow’s, thereby exceeding customer expectations, needing little to no guidance from manager. Recommendations should enhance return on working capital and operating income for supported supply chain engagements.
- Training – Create, Coordinate and arranging training on concepts and supply chain tools, both live and web based in order to articulate the value of Arrow’s core supply chain services, and supply chain trends to internal teams such as sales, as well as external customers.
- SC Knowledge – Maintain broad based knowledge of industry in order to identify trends in the marketplace. In- depth knowledge of Arrow business as it relates to Supply Chain.
- Relationships (On-going) – Develop and maintain strong working and strategic relationships as supply chain experts with Arrow field, field management, and customers.
- Assure process – provide customer executive summaries, proposals, contract administration, management and coordination of proposals, memo of understanding, and other associated documentation.
- Projects – Serve as a go to person and informal mentor to level 1 SCSM’s, including training, education, and assistance in developing customer strategy and branch trainings, etc. Serve as a subject matter expert in supply chain, both internally and in the industry in order to proactively identify new service needs, create more effective presentations, recommend and implement continuous process improvements, participate on special project teams as a subject matter expert and expand the overall knowledge base of DSCS.
- 4 year degree in supply chain management or related field.
- 7 years of experience
- Operations, materials, manufacturing and purchasing management experience
- ERP/MRP system use and experience
- Supply chain implementation and design experience
- High level of proficiency in using excel, power point and word
- Ability to write effective proposals
- Ability to persuade
- Strong analytical ability
- Financial analysis skills
- Master’s degree
- Multi-lingual – English / Spanish
- Sales experience; APICS training and or ISM certification
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top