Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
The core purpose of this role is to provide support to North American customers through the Integrated Supply Chain organization, working to resolve key issues through a process-focused holistic corrective and preventive action approach. The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) role is very dynamic and cross-functional while requiring knowledge, skills and abilities that span multiple disciplines such as supplier management, engineering, customer support, project management, quality management, auditing, and relationship management. The individual will also organize, lead, and orchestrate cross-functional process improvement initiatives to improve process performance and supplier end to end order quality, enabling customer experience.
- Implement and sustain Arrow's supplier quality initiatives, program elements, and optimal compliance levels as designed by Enterprise Quality to conform with industry and accredited standards.
- Drive compliance to Perfect Order metrics, monitoring global supplier performance. Interface externally with suppliers regarding trended quality issues and facilitate prompt resolution.
- Mentor applicable workers on Quality- related areas, such as 8D Problem Solving, Lean, Statistical Process Control, effective Change Management practices, etc.
- Monitor and audit supplier quality, purchasing and supplier onboarding practices to continually improve the quality system.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and resolve quality issues found with Arrow's supply chain by facilitating corrective action management and monitoring verification of effectiveness activities performed by Arrow and its external suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Lead, plan, perform and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Stakeholder management - lead stakeholder management sessions and keep various management abreast of potential issues by maintaining open lines of communication
- Provide customer/supplier support to include potential on-site audit of supplier operations to ensure compliance to Arrow and/or customer requirements.
- Facilitate the escalation of Field Quality Report (FQR), customer complaints system, and Receiving Discrepancy Reports (RDR), warehouse reporting system for discrepant purchase orders, which indicate supplier responsible for the undesired part/product/process.
- 10% Travel, both Domestic & International
This role is both high impact and high output with high visibility that requires a calm-assertive demeanor and capability to manage multiple ever-changing priorities.
Within this role, the following competencies are regularly required for success: accountability, trust, integrity, dedication to excellence, and a commitment to people, teamwork & customer experience.
Must be able to:
- Select, apply and interpret basic quality tools (Corrective Actions, Internal Audit, Product Inspection, PDCA (plan-do-check-act), 8D Methodology, etc.)
- Select and interpret project management tools (Process flow mapping, FMEA (failure, mode, effect, analysis), CPM (critical path method), Event Chain Management, PRINCE2, PRiSM, etc.)
- Understand the underlying principles and terminology associated with lean processes (minimizing steps/touches, maintaining/improving quality, reducing cost, etc.)
- Understand how benchmarking supports best practices
- Understand the need for documentation control, its basic terms and hierarchy
- Identify the basic types of training tools and methods used to verify its effectiveness
Experience / Education:
- 4-year degree and 2-4 years of related experience preferred
- 4-5 years' experience in Supply Chain Solutions, addressing customer issues with Suppliers
- Experience investigating customer issues related to product quality or on-time delivery with root causes stemming from ERP processes or systems such as Oracle or SAP, a major plus
- Strong track record of cultivating external and internal relationships through engaging with customers and working cross-functionally to resolve quality issues
- 5-6 years relative work experience highly preferred in one or a combination of the below fields:
- Quality Management & Risk Management programs/systems;
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100
- Green and/or Black Belt project experience in former roles, or Certified to Green/Black Belt Six Sigma principals
- PMP Certified
- Manufacturing and/or semiconductor industry background, a plus
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top