Supervisor, Logistics/Value Add Engineer
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At Arrow / Converge, the Supervisor, Logistics/Value Add Engineer is responsible for setting priority and overseeing the technical engineering efforts for Converge/Resolve. This engineering supervisor will oversee the technical engineering efforts in various engineering disciplines that may include test instructions, physical test bed design and construction. Additionally, the engineering supervisor will interface directly with internal and external customers to drive problem resolution, engineering tasks and continuous improvement. Engineering supervisor will be responsible for direct report development through training and on the job mentoring.
Supports business objectives through development of innovative and effective processes. This position works closely with Applications/System Technical Engineer in identifying opportunities as well as designing and implementing solutions for process optimization.
- Prioritize and drive engineering efforts to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Act as technical leader to drive new solutions to support new product types
- Manage individual contributors and provide leadership to drive results and execution
- Administer and enforce high standards, organization and safe work practices
- Purchase and order materials for the test bed construction
- Work with operations to build test beds to support capacity needs
- Monitor and report on productivity and quality
- Work with Quality Engineering to publish technical documentation
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Well -developed technical skills as it pertains to applying reverse engineering systems, test processes, and engineering methodologies
- Well developed root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced, detailed and project oriented environment
- Advanced technical knowledge of computers, servers, networks, operating systems and related components and applications
- Well developed analytical and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications ( Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Demonstrated history of ability to communicate with varying levels within organizations, with strong verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Experience managing remote team members
- Working knowledge and experience with EHS/quality systems( ISO 14001, ISO9001, OHSAS18001
- Ability to complete process audits
- Certifications of A+, Network +, Server + , CCNA, CCMP preferred
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top