Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager (Global) is recognized as a subject matter expert within the organization that applies sourcing/procurement methodologies to indirect spend categories to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise and achievement of target return on investments. Works closely with internal groups to identify sourcing requirements; conduct market research; and defines acceptable service levels in concert with internal business contacts. Develops sourcing strategies; solicits/analyzes request for proposals, leads negotiations with vendor(s), coordinates vendor integration plan with internal groups and develops solutions to complex opportunities/business needs that require ingenuity and innovation. Establishes a vendor relationship management process with continuous improvement goals/programs. Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect the organization. Will act as an effective and positive change agent to recommend, and as appropriate, lead the implementation of such methodologies within the organization.
Analyze business requirements, collaborate with stakeholders, understand historical trends and utilize market information in order to develop multi-year strategic plans to deliver lowest TCO within assigned categories. Develop and drive strategic sourcing strategies and plans with the following goals:
- Lower overall total cost of ownership
- Deliver net cost reductions based on annual goals
- Analyze market trends to determine ongoing impact to sourcing strategies
- Analyze current spend and evaluate supplier to rationalize the portfolio30%Communicate both verbally and in writing with vendors, internal stakeholders and business leaders. Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers to meet company sourcing strategies / needs (category, program, volume, and timing), in line with Arrow’s strategy, by performing initial Vendor assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity). Obtain information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc.30%Negotiate / manage contracts with a focus on progressive contracting methodologies while at the same time balancing the organization’s needs for vendor consolidation, security/risk management requirements.30%Misc projects as assigned.10%
Complex decision making – requires independent thinking; professional judgment is exercised to analyze and solve business requirements. All approaches will need to adhere to Arrow’s business processes and any associated policies. Will receive general direction and confer with superior on unusual matters.
Bachelor’s degree in sourcing, procurement, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 – 8 years’ industry best practice in sourcing, vendor management and/or procurement experience, with an indirect sourcing focus. Proven proficiency with ERP, S2P, sourcing systems preferred.
1) Proven industry best practices in vendor management
2) Expertise in negotiations of contracts with safeguards against identified risk, with a record of cost savings
3) In-depth knowledge of generally accepted procurement, sourcing, contract negotiations, including related law & regulations
4) Thorough understanding of the business & personal ethics associated with the vendor management function
5) Oracle, Coupa, Ariba, MS Dynamics AX experience
6) Knowledge of and ability to use business application software (MS Office)
7) Experience managing RFX
8) Ability to define problem statement collects data, establish facts and create effective action plan
9) Strong analytical problem solving ability
10) Process improvement and ability to drive effective change
11) Skills in interpersonal relationships; ability to establish effective working relationships between internal departments, vendors and internal to the department
12) Oral and written communications skills sufficient to communicate effectively with vendors and all levels of internal organization, must be sensitive, persuasive, and tactful of matters likely to be sensitive and confidential
13) Have knowledge and support formal processes such as process improvement and Six Sigma. Ability to logically structure processes and procedures as required
14) Ability to solve problems independently and seek guidance as prudent depending on circumstances involved
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top