Sr ETL Developer
Sr ETL Developer
The Senior ETL Developer is responsible for providing technical leadership for data warehouse and data lake implementations, playing both an architect and lead role. The Sr. ETL Developer is expected to lead the team with technical direction for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of DW solutions; as well as identification and resolution of Data Quality issues. This role needs to understand business requirements, develop ETL solutions and provide ongoing support for the Data Warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Data integration with ETL tools like Informatica.
• Support ETL architecture, design and development
• Design and implement data pipelines to prepare, process and organize data in the warehouse
• Mentor team on coding standards and perform code reviews
• Lead multiple small projects
• Develop functional specifications for data acquisition, transformation and load processes
• Ensure data integration/ETL is implemented & monitored successfully to enable data quality, and on time availability
• Monitor daily/other database jobs and data loads to resolve issues pro-actively and ensure maximum availability of the data for reporting
• Identifies and evaluates new technologies for implementation.
• Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
• At least 7+ years of Extensive experience with designing, developing, and ongoing support of a data warehouse environments
• 5+ years hands on experience with ETL tools like Informatica
• Experience leading large and small teams
• Expert level SQL experience
• Experience with Teradata would be a huge plus
• Experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem and tools is nice to have but not required.
• Good understanding and experience with cloud platforms and technologies like Azure is preferred
• Excellent scripting and programming skills using python or shell or any other programming language
• Demonstrated ability to understand data architectures and systems
• Strong communication and customer relationship skills.
• Self-starter, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top