Solutions Architect, Principal-Oracle EBS/Applications Environment-Program/Solutions Lead Level
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
We are seeking a program management/Solutions Lead level for a very large scale Oracle EBS environment. We are ideally seeking someone with distribution and/or financial module experience.
JOB TITLE: Principal Solutions Architect
DEPARTMENT NAME: Information Technology
JOB SUMMARY: The Principal Solution Architect contributes to enterprise architecture by ensuring that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently at a program level. They will also research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are optimal for project goals ensuring alignment with the business and IT strategies in one or more domains.
This involves working with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design a technical solution based on the existing standards and processes to meets the project goals as well as the strategic needs of the business. In addition, designs must be easily integrated with other business and IT Processes. This role also documents the processes and technology artifacts required to depict clearly the system design.
The Principal Solutions Architect leads a team of solution architects and functional architects to provide integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and system design patterns required to support project goals and strategy. This may include education and communication of technical approaches to management, coordinating activities to facilitate solution alignment and coaching developers on implementation best practices and coding techniques.
Principal solution architects should help in creation of enterprise architecture repository and technology documentation standards. Define and lead the data governance processes. Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and communications. Produce key metrics that demonstrate measurable results/improvements. They should cultivate a team culture centered on customer service, continual learning, employee growth and entrepreneurial thinking.
The Principal solution architect is an expert in Oracle applications R12 and exposure to cloud implementation and concepts. The architect is expected to understand the existing oracle solution and help the existing business in deriving maximum benefit and scale for newer business.
The Principal Solution Architect is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends in Hi Tech and electronic distribution industry, and being familiar with enterprise standards and methodology. The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution.
- Deployed on project teams to lead, create and document technical design activities
- Ensure that enterprise architecture standards, policies, and procedures are implemented within a development project
- Serve as an architecture conduit for project level requests and queries, and provide education on enterprise architecture directions and goals.
- Educate developers on design patterns, best practices and optimal development techniques
- Provide design guidance to other technical leads and technical staff
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards, new technologies and current issues
- Stays current with design and programming techniques
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 year college degree required in Business, computer science and/or engineering.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must have 13 years progressive experience in application design, development and delivery in a heterogeneous environment.
- Must have led teams of solutions experts in oracle application implementation, design and deployment.
- Expertise in presentation, middle and database tiers with a required specialty in at least one area.
- Expertise in multiple oracle application implementation is a must.
- The candidate must have a demonstrable track record of successful production implementations and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Experience in Hi Tech distribution industry is highly desirable.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top