Solution Engagement Manager (m/f)
Position:Solution Engagement Manager (m/f)
THE FUTURE IS YOURS. WE HAVE THE PERSPECTIVES.
Arrow Electronics, a Fortune 150 company with 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 125,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 465 locations serving over 90 countries with more than 18,700 employees worldwide. Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place at the right time and at the right price.
At Arrow Intelligent Systems (AIS), your mission is our mission. From design engineering services, global marketing and integration, global logistics, and business solutions, our dedicated team of experts is bringing it all together to help you deliver the latest technologies to market- quickly and efficiently.
Are You Five Years Out?
To continue our successful path at Arrow Intelligent Systems we are now seeking in our office in Munich a dynamic
Solution Engagement Manager (m/f)
As a key member of the Global Sales Support and Operations (GSSO) Deal Desk organization, the Solution Engagement Manager (SEM) is responsible for driving profitable sales growth together with the Arrow Intelligent Systems (AIS) sales teams. This role leads the company's efforts to establish and maintain win-win customer business relationships aligned with the AIS strategy and on the basis of a consistently flawless customer experience. The SEM serves as a trusted adviser to sales on commercial, operational and contractual aspects and engages other cross-functional experts to fulfill the customers' requirements. The SEM advises sales on objection handling techniques, alternative contractual options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures.
- Facilitates the sale opportunity qualification assessment and associated process
- Initiate cross-functional deal reviews as necessary based on the risk level of an opportunity, pulling in the right stakeholders and ensuring preparedness to enable succinct and informed discussion and decisions
- Act as a key enabler of deal formation and execution, with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities.
- Provide price recommendations and assist with non-standard deal requests (e.g., incoterms, inventory turns, SLA's, RMA policy, finance terms, potential liabilities, etc.)
- Structure complex deals including those with cross-solution implications (e.g., bundles of products and services across different BUs)
- Capturing and proliferating key business insight globally including competitive positioning, what's working well at accounts and within regions, win/loss analysis, and other key market insights and trends
- Own and facilitate an "early checkpoint" process that identifies non-standard risks early in the sales cycle (e.g., homologation requirements, non-standard 3rd party products, unique product feature/requirements, and non-standard maintenance requests).
- Prepare and deliver proposals and RFP/RFI responses
- Ensures compliance with sales and business approval policies
- Measuring, monitoring, and reporting select performance metrics on a regular cadence
- Facilitate a global deals desk review with senior cross-functional executives on a regular cadence, reporting out a standard set of metrics that highlight the health of the pipeline, deal management performance, and pricing across products, channels, and regions
- Plays a key role in the closed-feedback loop of pricing management, providing analytics to inform pricing strategy and highlighting pricing deviations or recurrent non-standard exception requests
- Proficient in utilization of AIS' Service Catalogue in collaboration and consultation with other GSSO, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Domestic and global travel up to 50% of the time
- Develop and deliver sales enablement tools and training to global sales teams
- Facilitate a smooth transition of new customer engagements upon contract execution to the team responsible for on-boarding/implementation projects
- 10 years minimum sales, finance and/or legal experience within a high-tech environment
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a time-pressured environment, demanding precise and quick decision-making
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) and good judgment.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills, as well as ability to achieve results, while focusing on customer requirements and business success
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements and their inter-relationship
- Must be self-starter, detail oriented and analytical, considers wider geographic impact of action
- Experience working with Sales Managers on deal structuring and negotiating enterprise level contract manufacturing services agreements is considered a plus
What Arrow Intelligent Systems offers you:
- Flexible Working Hours
- 30 days holiday/year
- Challenging and multifaceted area of responsibility
- Open-minded corporate culture
- Contemporary & dynamic working environment
- Reliable & trusting employment relationship
- cooperative team with flat hierarchies and short ways of communication
- Comprehensive vocational adjustment
- Professional and personal development
Don't miss this chance to join a dynamic business with an interesting future perspective.
Further insights are waiting at #lifeatarrow.
Have we caught your interest? We look forward to your application including résumé, references and salary expectation to
www.arrow.com/careers, No R2158.
Please notice that we can consider applications in an electronic form only.
Arrow Central Europe GmbH
- Human Resources-
+49 (0) 61 02 / 50 30 – 86 23
Frankfurter Str. 211
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top