Software Quality Assurance Internship- Summer 2017 Fulltime
Software Quality Assurance Intern – Full Time – Summer 2017
Englewood, CO (Denver Tech Center)
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in over 85 countries.
A Fortune 120 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers – the best technology companies in the world – and connects them through the company’s industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 160 interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Intern works under general supervision of the SQA Manager and higher level SQA Analysts. Primary responsibilities are writing test plans and scripts, performing testing on new software development and changes to existing software ensuring compliance to company standards and end-user requirements.
- Participates in all SQA activities on a project including defect review meetings with IT and
- Reviews business requirements and creates detailed test plans and test scripts for both manual and automated testing
- Performs functional, regression, usability, and negative testing
- Discovers and documents software defects
- Reports testing status to the SQA Manager, higher level SQA Analysts, and IT Project Managers
- Writes, maintains, and executes simple automated test scripts using Quick Test Pro
- Uses Quality Center to record defects and to load requirements, test plans and test scripts
Requirements & Skills
- Currently pursuing (and actively enrolled) a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree with an anticipated graduation date in 2017 or 2018
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong analytical, communication, and research skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel and Word)
- An interest in learning the ins and outs of Software Testing and QA Methodologies
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and in a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
This is a paid internship.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top