Server/Storage & Cloud Engineer
Position:Server/Storage & Cloud Engineer
Arrow is searching for a senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Server/Storage & Cloud Services department.
Reporting to the Manager of Server/Storage & Cloud Engineering, the appointee will take a senior role in the Design & Engineering department. The successful candidate will lead the way in designing and engineering the future EMEA infrastructure and cloud environments with a high focus on automation and orchestration. The successful candidate will also attribute to the development of corporate standards based on the candidate's extensive working experience. It's is a 'hands-on' position requiring the appointee to help develop the Engineering team and to work in alignment with other IT functional teams both at an EMEA and Corporate level.
It is essential that the appointee has proven working experience in hybrid cloud environments using the latest technologies.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Plan, engineer and design the infrastructure following corporate standards and guidelines
- Develop and configure the infrastructure from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms to include test, debug, performance analyze and document infrastructure components.
- Implement the infrastructure by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Implement test plans (including functionality, integrity, and stress testing: test matrices: and definition of test methodologies and strategy.
- Perform routine infrastructure analysis, and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Provide 2nd/3rd level technical support for the operations and engineering team (participate in out-of-hours callout schedules).
- Developing and maintaining a responsive and proactive attitude in support of other IT functional areas and business operations.
- Identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvements.
- Provides technical and operational guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Enabling innovation and seeking to leverage IT trends; creating business value consistent with the company's requirements and expectations.
- Working closely with the Corporate IT function to correctly implement corporate IT strategies, enterprise and technology architecture standards. Participating in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the strategic goals of the business.
- Coaching of less experienced colleagues in creating high and low level design documents.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical competencies; high levels of energy and self-motivation; excellent communication skills; the ability and aptitude to adopt a hands-on approach to operations and projects.
Personal Qualities Should Include:
- A high level of drive, energy, initiative and integrity; proactive, focused, tenacious and committed approach, with high standards and achievement orientation.
- A strong operational excellence mindset.
- Strong technical leadership, influencing, and coaching skills.
- An ability to work with multiple project teams simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong focus on delivery.
- Good team player with strong communication and relationship building skills; able to inspire and instil confidence in a wide range of audiences.
- The ability to function effectively within an entrepreneurially-driven, quickly evolving and expanding environment.
- A rigorous approach to project delivery, including an ability to challenge in areas of limited personal experience.
Specific Experience And Qualifications Should Include:
At least 5-7 years total experience with a 3 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience - including 3+ years in a production 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise ERP and CRM environment, including application hosting, security and information protection, and 3+ years' experience with replicated disaster recovery architectures.
Working knowledge of :
- Microsoft Technologies: Windows Server 2008 / 2012 /2016 (Standard, Enterprise and Data Centre) ; Hyper-V ; MS SQL 2014 / 2016 ; Azure Infrastructure as a Service, Azure Site Recovery Services ; Multi Factor Authentication ; Remote Desktop Sevices ; O365 AD Integration
- VMware technologies: vSphere 5.x / 6.x ; Site Recovery Manager, Replication Services
- Citrix Technologies: XenApp 6.x / 7.x ; NetScaler ; Provisioning Services
- Traditional, converged and hyper converged technologies (HP, Dell EMC)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) and related technologies: NetApp ; Compellent ; Broccade
- Basic networking concepts
- Microsoft and / or VMware Automation and Orchestration
- ITIL v2 / 2011.
- Experience with ERP and CRM infrastructure implementation and support.
- Experience with data centre consolidation and migrating workloads to the (hybrid / private) cloud.
- Hands-on technical depth enabling direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations,
- Comfortable managing highly-available complex infrastructure with 24/7 availability and support.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network security.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top