Server Storage & Cloud Engineer (m/f)
Position:Server Storage & Cloud Engineer (m/f)
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations serving over 85 countries. A Fortune 150 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics. Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the product lifecycle.
Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place at the right time and at the right price. Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
IT in Arrow is supported by Global Enterprise Services (GES). GES is a shared service centre delivering Infrastructure, Networking, Collaboration, Workspace, Security and Real Estate services to the Arrow divisions. GES is locally organized to support the North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
Arrow is searching for a Server Storage & Cloud Engineer (m/f) in the EMEA Infrastructure Services department, stationed in Munich.
The successful candidate will play an important role in building and maintaining the future EMEA infrastructure and cloud environments with a high focus on automation and orchestration. The successful candidate will also attribute to the development of corporate standards and assure all new engineering activities are compliant to the corporate standards. It is a 'hands-on' position requiring the appointee to work in alignment with other IT functional teams both at an EMEA and Corporate level.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Engineer and operate the infrastructure following corporate standards and guidelines
- Configure the infrastructure from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms to include test, debug, performance analyze and document infrastructure components
- Implement the infrastructure by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software
- Implement test plans (including functionality, integrity, and stress testing: test matrices: and definition of test methodologies and strategy)
- Perform routine infrastructure analysis, and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels
- Provide 2nd level support for the operations and engineering team (participate in out-of-hours callout schedules)
- Develop and maintain a responsive and proactive attitude in support of other IT functional areas and business operations
- Identify opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvements
- Provide technical and operational guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Enable innovation and seek to leverage IT trends; create business value consistent with the company's requirements and expectations
- Work closely with the Corporate IT function to correctly implement corporate IT strategies, enterprise and technology architecture standards
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical competencies; high levels of energy and self-motivation; excellent communication skills; the ability and aptitude to adopt a hands-on approach to operations and projects and has to be sufficient in English communication, both verbally and in writing.
Personal Qualities should include:
- A high level of drive, energy, initiative and integrity; proactive, focused, tenacious and committed approach, with high standards and achievement orientation
- A strong operational excellence mindset
- Strong technical leadership, influencing, and coaching skills
- An ability to work with multiple project teams simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong focus on delivery
- Good team player with strong communication and relationship building skills; able to inspire and instil confidence in a wide range of audiences
- The ability to function effectively within an entrepreneurially-driven, quickly evolving and expanding environment
- A rigorous approach to project delivery, including an ability to challenge in areas of limited personal experience
Specific Experience and Qualifications should include:
Bachelor degree and at least 2-4 years total experience or Master degree and 1-2 years working experience; or equivalent work experience - including in a production 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise ERP and CRM environment, including application hosting, security and information protection, and experience with replicated disaster recovery architectures. Sufficiency in English both oral and in writing is required.
Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Technologies: Windows Server 2008 / 2012 /2016 (Standard, Enterprise and Data Centre) ; Hyper-V ; MS SQL 2014 / 2016 ; Multi Factor Authentication ; Remote Desktop Sevices ; O365 AD Integration ; Sharepoint 2010 / 2013
- VMware technologies: vSphere 5.x / 6.x
- Citrix Technologies: XenApp 6.x / 7.x ;
- Traditional and converged server technologies (HP)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) and related technologies: NetApp ; Broccade
- Basic networking concepts
- Microsoft and / or VMware Automation and Orchestration
- ITIL v2 / 2011.
- Experience with ERP and CRM infrastructure implementation and support.
- Hands-on technical depth enabling direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations,
- Comfortable managing highly-available complex infrastructure with 24/7 availability and support.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network security.
Arrow ECS AG
Location:Munich (Elsenheimerstraße 1)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top