Senior Web Developer, Full Stack
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Web Developer, Full Stack in our Englewood, Colorado location.
As our newest team member, you will be a part of implementing innovations on our eCommerce world presence. Our eCommerce presence must not only provide shopping access to over 300 million searchable products, highly interactive design tools, and live access to specialists, but also continue to keep pace with the demand for the Internet of Things. By 2020, there will be an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the internet. As a Senior Web Developer on Arrow’s premier eCommerce website, you will be a part of connecting engineers to the information and products they need to build these devices.
Your work will directly contribute to the future of the internet, five years out.
You will apply your skills and knowledge in the design, implementation and maintenance of highly scalable software solutions. You are someone with a long career practicing good design and striking a balance between benefiting from the next great thing and delivering the greatest thing you can today. We are looking for someone who is excited about being a member of our team, and contributing their years of experience to the team’s collective growth and success. Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on our adherence to Agile development methodologies, resulting in malleable processes that consistently deliver value while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. By sharing responsibilities, Agile team members contribute by exercising their strengths and are always exploring the latest technologies. We’re looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, learn more about the leading edge of web technology, and see results in real-world applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide value by integrating business rules and content in accordance with requirements.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Analysts and QA in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security and maintenance of applications, and to ensure code meets development standards and guidelines.
- Contribute to a DevOps culture and development of continuous integrations processes and tools.
- Mentor Junior developers on technical approaches and best practices.
- Develop, document, and advocate SOLID software architecture practices.
- Ability to jump between frontend and backend work.
- Challenge established norms and innovate.
- Contribute to the success of your team and company.
- Make a difference.
- A passion for accomplishing great things by creating fast, maintainable, and valuable applications.
- 6+ years of .NET Web Development experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and tools such as Scrum and JIRA.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and enterprise design patterns.
- Experience providing REST/SOAP APIs for user interface consumption.
- Comfort with and understanding of a version control, continuous integration, and deployment tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Software architecture experience in an enterprise size environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong understanding of Unit Testing.
Work History / Qualifications:
- 6+ years’ experience utilizing comparable skills in a comparable software development environment.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- Understanding of PCI compliance and direct eCommerce website experience.
- Experience with enterprise OO design patterns such as the Repository pattern.
- 3+ years’ experience working within an Agile development methodology Scrum.
- Ability to prove prior experience integrating multiple data sources/systems for consumption by rich websites.
- Hands on experience utilizing and customizing a CMS driven website (Sitecore).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top