Senior Technical Engineer (m/f)
Position:Senior Technical Engineer (m/f)
Job Description:Senior Technical Engineer (m/f)
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations serving over 85 countries. A Fortune 150 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics. Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the product lifecycle.
Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place at the right time and at the right price. Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services. For our location in Munich we are looking for a Senior Technical Engineer (m/f).
Main Purpose of the role
Provide technical support to our Global customers and partners from our Munich office. Our portfolio is varied and includes best of breed vendors such as Check Point, Blue Coat, Fortinet, Riverbed, Juniper, F5, NetApp and more so there is lots to learn. The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about networking, security, Linux and all technical things, who is looking to enhance and develop their technical skills and enjoys working as part of an EMEA support team and is fluent in English and German.
You will have the opportunity to acquire lots of new skills, so the ideal candidate will be keen to learn and embrace new technologies and commit to rapid skills development.This role involves continuous learning and development, training will be provided on the products you will be supporting and we have a structured training program which will guide and support you as you develop your skills, you will be expected to show commitment and be self-motivated to study.
Key Tasks / responsibilities:
All tasks to be carried out in a Total Quality manner, consistent with the Company culture.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd line technical support via email/telephone/ live-chat to our global customers, using initiative to help customers as much as possible. A percentage of calls will be of a complex technical nature
- Attend and host remote support sessions with customers/vendors to diagnose faults, review configurations and resolve faults
- Resolve escalated support incidents from our customers and partners
- Provide primary support for our customers and be responsible for answering technical support questions and resolving error conditions that affect customer installations and applications
- Replicate customer configurations as required to troubleshoot complex errors
- Progress simultaneous high-profile/high-priority issues
- Be recognised as an expert in your field and assist others
- Open and track trouble tickets with vendors
- Undertake to develop and maintain technical skills in selected products
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to junior engineers
- Undertake training to achieve and maintain accreditation in selected products
- Demonstrate superb customer service skills being sensitive to customer concerns whilst managing the interaction in a confident manner
- Ability to acquire skills and develop quickly is essential
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly is essential
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands in a technical direct customer-facing role
- Be articulate, confi dent, clearly spoken and able to deliver telephone support in
a friendly & professional manner
- Be a team player, ability to work both within a team and individually as necessary
- Excellent customer service skills & strongly motivated to help customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: face-to-face, telephone and written
- A thorough understanding of common networking protocols
- Understanding and experience of TCP/IP, routing, switching and related protocols
- Understanding of network environments and topologies
- Structured, logical approach to fault-finding
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Administration, installation and troubleshooting of Windows or Linux based devices and networks
- Experience of structured fault-finding in a technical environment
- Previous experience in busy technical support departments
- Excellent English & German language skills both written and verbal
Arrow ECS AG
Tel. +49 (89) 93099 - 0
Location:Munich (Elsenheimerstraße 1)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top