Senior System Administrator - Linux
Position:Senior System Administrator - Linux
Responsibilities and duties:
- Installs, configures, maintains, analyzes and resolves problems associated with the server's OS, hardware and S/W.
- Assisting with internal and external support of deployed IT and Web services
- Planning, Implementation and monitoring of backups, disaster plans and fault tolerance.
- Supports and troubleshoots issues of LAN, WAN, Intranet, Internet, servers, firewalls and services.
- Deploys, maintains and configures IT assets (OS, desktops, servers, VPN gateways, internet gateways, PBX, access points, etc.)
- Administrates users' accounts by adding/deleting/modifying accounts, email accounts, FTP accounts, chat accounts, Antivirus and handle authentication and authorization on resources.
- Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards to guard against security breaches and intrusions – also works on improving the availability and efficiency of the infra-structure.
- 3 years minimum experience as a dedicated Linux administrator in a large scale enterprise environment is a must.
- Preferred to be a graduate of a 4/5 years engineering or computer science degree
- Certification of one of the 6/9 months MCIT/ITI diplomas is a plus
- Excellent English written and spoken (extensive communicating with customers and internal /external teams makes this a MUST).
- Excellent shell scripting skills such as sh/bash, csh/tcsh, python, or Perl.
- Good knowledge of Windows systems administration is a huge plus - the environment is mixed. (If you hate MS don't apply please).
- The environment is heavily based on supporting online services/websites, so knowledge of apache/MySQL/tomcat/WebLogic is a huge plus
- Experience in systems security, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and backup technologies/implementations is a huge plus.
- Excellent hardware/networking/storage administration skills is a huge plus
- Red Hat Certificate Engineer (RHCE) is a must, Red Hat Certificate System Administrator (RHCSA) is preferred.
- Security certification is a plus. RHCSS is a huge plus.
- Microsoft certification is a plus.
- Cisco certification is a plus.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top