Senior Linux System Administrator
Senior Linux System Administrator
Responsible for full administration duties of deploying, troubleshooting, installing, configuring and maintaining physical and VMware virtual computing of Linux Red Hat/CentOS/Ubuntu Servers in local/cloud/remote environments - Also he will be expected to actively help with administrative duties of all IT related services including on-call duties.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design, implement, and support highly-performance, highly-available infrastructure of on-premises hardware and on public clouds such as Amazon and Alibaba.
- Assisting with the and external support of deployed IT and Web services.
- Planning, Implementing, monitoring of backups, disaster plans, fault tolerance.
- Supports and troubleshoots issues of LAN, WAN, Intranet, Internet, servers, firewalls and services.
- Day-to-day operations of the systems including systems administration, monitoring and storage performance.
- Maintain stability and functionality of Cloud servers ,fine tuning cloud performance and cloud cost optimization.
- Updating the technical documentation and the team knowledge base.
- Assess new technologies and products, applying industry best practices and methodologies to operations activities.
- Participate in the overall secure design and performance of system/server's environment.
- Conducting periodic safety tests of system performance, reliability, and load, assists the service desk and operations in resolving system performance issues.
- Take lead in resolving operational issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement necessary corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
- +5 years minimum experience as a dedicated Linux administrator in a large-scale enterprise environment is a must.
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university (Communications engineering or computer science background is preferred)
- Excellent English and spoken (extensive communicating with customers and internal /external teams makes this a MUST).
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technology, VXRail, Data domain and Avamar are preferred.
- Knowledge of Storage management, provisioning, and optimization.
- Experience with the automation of system build, maintenance, and operation processes using , Python, Perl, or other scripting technology.
- Good knowledge of Windows systems administration is a huge plus - the environment is mixed.
- Knowledge of , MySQL, , WebLogic, BIND, MySQL, NGINX, Shell Scripting, CRON Jobs, Backups, Python, LDAP and virtualization is a huge plus
- Experience in systems security, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and backup technologies/implementations.
- Excellent experience in Cloud as MS Azure, AWS and Alibaba.
- Excellent hardware/networking administration skills
- Very Good Presentation, analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while handling multi tasks at a time
- Availability to work non-standard hours during Maintenance Windows, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery &/or security incidents. Providing 24x7 operational support for escalations on a rotating basis.
- Experience with using ticketing systems
- Red Hat Certificate Engineer (RHCE) is a preferred, Red Hat Certificate System Administrator (RHCSA) is a must.
- Security certification is a plus. RHCSS is a huge plus.
- Cisco certification is a plus.
- ITIL foundation.
- A resident of Cairo - Proximity to Nasr City is a huge plus.
- To be able to rotate between company
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
See Inside the Office of Arrow Electronics
Arrow is the ultimate technological enabler, working directly with partners, suppliers, and manufacturers to understand what’s possible and help them create it. They seek to bridge the gap between the possible and the practical. Arrow encourages its employees to live in the world that doesn’t quite exist yet—the world of Five Years Out.
Back to top