Senior Linux System Administrator
Senior Linux System Administrator
Responsible for full administration duties of deploying, troubleshooting, installing, configuring and maintaining physical and VMware virtual computing of Linux Red Hat/CentOS/Ubuntu Servers in local/cloud/remote environments - Also he will be expected to actively help with administrative duties of all IT related services including on-call duties.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design, implement, and support highly-performance, highly-available infrastructure of on-premises hardware and on public clouds such as Amazon and Alibaba.
- Assisting with the and external support of deployed IT and Web services.
- Planning, Implementing, monitoring of backups, disaster plans, fault tolerance.
- Supports and troubleshoots issues of LAN, WAN, Intranet, Internet, servers, firewalls and services.
- Day-to-day operations of the systems including systems administration, monitoring and storage performance.
- Maintain stability and functionality of Cloud servers ,fine tuning cloud performance and cloud cost optimization.
- Updating the technical documentation and the team knowledge base.
- Assess new technologies and products, applying industry best practices and methodologies to operations activities.
- Participate in the overall secure design and performance of system/server's environment.
- Conducting periodic safety tests of system performance, reliability, and load, assists the service desk and operations in resolving system performance issues.
- Take lead in resolving operational issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement necessary corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
- +5 years minimum experience as a dedicated Linux administrator in a large-scale enterprise environment is a must.
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university (Communications engineering or computer science background is preferred)
- Excellent English and spoken (extensive communicating with customers and internal /external teams makes this a MUST).
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technology, VXRail, Data domain and Avamar are preferred.
- Knowledge of Storage management, provisioning, and optimization.
- Experience with the automation of system build, maintenance, and operation processes using , Python, Perl, or other scripting technology.
- Good knowledge of Windows systems administration is a huge plus - the environment is mixed.
- Knowledge of , MySQL, , WebLogic, BIND, MySQL, NGINX, Shell Scripting, CRON Jobs, Backups, Python, LDAP and virtualization is a huge plus
- Experience in systems security, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and backup technologies/implementations.
- Excellent experience in Cloud as MS Azure, AWS and Alibaba.
- Excellent hardware/networking administration skills
- Very Good Presentation, analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while handling multi tasks at a time
- Availability to work non-standard hours during Maintenance Windows, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery &/or security incidents. Providing 24x7 operational support for escalations on a rotating basis.
- Experience with using ticketing systems
- Red Hat Certificate Engineer (RHCE) is a preferred, Red Hat Certificate System Administrator (RHCSA) is a must.
- Security certification is a plus. RHCSS is a huge plus.
- Cisco certification is a plus.
- ITIL foundation.
- A resident of Cairo - Proximity to Nasr City is a huge plus.
- To be able to rotate between company
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top