Senior Enterprise Architect III
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Senior Enterprise Architect leads the effort to ensure that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy. They will also research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies in one or more domains.
This involves working with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes and meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes. This role also documents the structure and processes.
The Senior Enterprise Architect leads the effort to provide integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs.
This role also leads the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may also include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.
The Senior Enterprise Architect is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards and methodology. The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
Strategy and Alignment
- Lead contribution to the definition of conceptual and logical architecture specifications (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture) for the enterprise.
- Lead contribution to the definition of architecture standards that are aligned with business goals, IT strategy and enterprise architecture visions.
- Ensure that architecture decisions are consistent between departments and leverage opportunities for common approaches.
Communication / Collaboration
- Serve as an architecture conduit for external requests and queries, and provide education on enterprise architecture directions and goals.
- Lead management of organizational impacts of architecture.
- Lead enterprise architectural efforts, utilizing cross-functional knowledge (strategy, change management and business process management).
- Provide architecture direction and guidance to other project architects and technical staff.
- Advise senior management on technology issues which may have enterprise impact.
- Lead effort to analyze IT industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon enterprise.
- Lead effort to identify and analyze enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical, and solution architecture requirements.
- Develop overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution.
- Lead effort to work with the business users, enterprise architect and application developers to develop the overall application level architecture.
- Assist in the development of architectural best practices and standards.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to Architects.
- Lead effort to implement overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution.
- Lead effort to ensure that enterprise architecture standards, policies, and procedures are enacted uniformly across application development projects and programs.
- Review the deliverables throughout the development cycle to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
Architecture Analysis and Consultation
- Review and provide input on proposals from an architectural perspective, including feasibility, practicality, technical viability, and consistency.
- Assist in the assessment and recommendation of infrastructure and application solutions for upgrades to meet business needs.
- Develop strong knowledge base in particular domain.
- Support lines of business, support staff and technology areas, who are implementing projects that impact the architecture.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Must have 12 years progressive experience in application design, development and delivery in a heterogeneous environment.
- Architecture and design expertise required in more than one domain (Information, Application, Database, Infrastructure).
- The candidate must have a demonstrable track record of successful production implementations and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a variety of influencing styles to enable effective completion of tasks both individually and within groups. Builds sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Adept negotiation skills in high pressure situations.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top