Primary focus for the role developing and building IT solutions, Senior DevOps Engineer installs and configures solutions, Implement reusable components, translate technical requirements and assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
Senior DevOps Engineer will build automated deployments, through the use of configuration management technology, helps create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance, deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment and Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
Not only does Senior DevOps Engineer evaluates existing applications and platforms, they also give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology.
- Deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment
- Routine application maintenance tasks.
- On call duties.
- Helps create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance.
- Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms, gives recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
- Often participates in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings.
- Providing guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits, create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
- Maintain and optimize our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems
- Research, design, and implement solutions for fault tolerance, monitoring, performance enhancements, capacity optimization, disaster recovery, and configuration management of systems and applications
- Ensure that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality
- Work closely with development teams to create processes and tools that provide immediate feedback on source changes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent education in the form of work experience at similar technology positions.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience as a Developer/Systems Administrator/DevOps, supporting development teams (sysadmins + Java software development)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong practical knowledge of CI Tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Good understanding of enterprise search technologies, such as Apache SOLR, Elastic Search and Lucene is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers offering, AWS in particular.
- Good knowledge of OOP concepts and design patterns
- Good knowledge of JEE/J2EE and Frameworks (basics of JSP and Servlet, any of EJB, Spring, JSF)
- Good knowledge of Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, and one of the enterprise application servers e.g. weblogic, JBoss, OC4J)
- Good knowledge of Database (Native SQL, DB design and ERD, Oracle, MySQL)
- Good knowledge of Web Services (REST and SOAP web services basics)
- Good knowledge of Build Tools (Maven)
- Good knowledge of Source/Revision Control (GIT or SVN)
- Good knowledge of Issue Tracking (JIRA)
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
See Inside the Office of Arrow Electronics
Arrow is the ultimate technological enabler, working directly with partners, suppliers, and manufacturers to understand what’s possible and help them create it. They seek to bridge the gap between the possible and the practical. Arrow encourages its employees to live in the world that doesn’t quite exist yet—the world of Five Years Out.
Back to top