Senior Accountant - immixGroup
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Recently named by the Washington Post as a “Top Place to Work” immixGroup is seeking a Senior Accountant I to join its Finance team. The Senior Accountant I, working independently and with limited oversight, is a major contributor to the quarterly accounting close cycle and key contributor in the support of audits. The position is a key contributor to the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, providing timely, accurate, and meaningful analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides key inputs in the preparation of quarter end reports including the Supplemental Schedule, EBS, and Balance Sheet Memo variance analysis
- Provides key inputs in the preparation of quarter end SOX and GAAP checklists
- Provides timely and accurate ad-hoc reporting and analysis to parent Enterprise Computing Solutions (ECS)
- Calculates, reviews, and processes journal entries for Month/Quarter/Year end close
- Completes complex reconciliations and statement analysis
- Evaluates transactions and record to the GL as necessary
- Provides support for internal and SOX audits
- Supports and/or participates on special projects; Leads projects of low complexity, developing project leadership skills
- Acquires understanding of various accounting processes and identifies root causes and areas for improvement
- Responsible for producing, reviewing, analyzing, and issuing periodic reporting on general subject matter or business areas
- Provides timely, accurate information and meaningful variance analysis required in support of the FP&A team
- Completes other relevant tasks as needed
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance along with 4+ years of general ledger accounting experience in a publicly traded company environment
- 4+ years of experience working in a Sarbanes Oxley compliant environment or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience using broadly-used accounting software system and Excel
- Must be able to work extended hours on an as-needed basis
Highly Desirable Attributes
- CPA Preferred
- Proficiency in GAAP
- Proficiency in balance sheet change analysis
- Must be able to work within a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Understanding of government contract types
- Experience with OnBase Hyland Enterprise Content Management Software
- Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top