Sales/Marketing Representative I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The main purpose of this job is to manage the account overall relationship by providing service and support to customers. Working with others, the SMR ensures the customer is receiving services such as, selling products and services, quoting orders, following up on orders and problem solving. This position will strategically enhance margins and gain market share within the assigned customer base. Other responsibilities Include increasing sales growth by finding new opportunities through associative selling, cold calling, design registrations, etc. In addition, the SMR must provide customer service often facilitating work of others in expediting orders, ensuring on time delivery of orders, providing engineering support and trouble-shooting other customer problems. Function as key liaison between RichardsonRFPD’s internal resources, suppliers and customers to build and establish long-term business partnerships for RichardsonRFPD.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with purchasing individuals within a customer location. Develops good relationships with engineering.
- Follows-up on quotes and orders. Solves known customer issues. Ensures others are delivering to customer requests.
- Responds effectively to customer quotations. Has good understanding of pending business and tracks wins and losses. Facilitates information flow seeking to gain additional knowledge for completing quote and winning business.
- Executes on customer action plans. Territory/Account Planning: Ability to forecast customer demands. Using forecasting tool. Develops knowledge of customers DTAM/TAM. Involved in account strategies or annual planning working with the FSE.
- Good supplier relationships with key suppliers. Knows major suppliers and communicates effectively on large opportunities. Business Manager: Entry level understanding of the relationship between cost and resale.
- Ability to support low-level supply chain engagements including using On Line Forecasting Tool . Technical Knowledge: Is learning technical and product information. Relies on more senior SMR or FSE for high level technical support.
- May need assistance to support value added and material management engagements. Facilitates working with FSE for technical support to customers.
Experience and Education:
- College degree or high school with technical training and equivalent experience
- 0-2 years with college degree; 5-7 years with high school diploma
- Previous Sales and customer service, purchasing/product, engineering experience. Prefer experience In sales, specifically electronics or manufacturing. Knowledge on account management. Experience with RFPD system. Understanding of the electronics industry.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Customer service experience. Knowledge of account management. Problem resolution skills.
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts In own technical/subject area. Knowledge is obtained through job related training and education or considerable on-the-job training.
- Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area (such as department or branch). May have broad responsibilities requiring business acumen beyond their own team.
- No supervisory responsibility
- Makes sound judgments based on practice and precedence. Assesses alternatives based on knowledge and past experiences in selecting the best approach.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex and/or sensitive information.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top