Sales Executive - Fortune 1,000 Hunter
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Outside Sales Representitive – Fortune 1,000 Hunter
The Sales Rep will be expected to hunt new accounts and serve as trusted advisors, providing day-to-day account management for their Arrow Value Recovery (AVR) customers and taking a proactive role in uncovering opportunities for Arrow to provide additional services and solutions within existing accounts. The Business Development Manager will establish forecasts for clients, identify opportunities to “up sell” and track and report business metrics.
The primary function of the position is to produce new direct sales, develop current business account leads and maintain favorable contact with major business or sales organizations in assigned territory for the marketing and sale of the company’s IT Asset disposition services. Therein, position is accountable to:
- Create, execute, and cultivate/maintain a direct sales plan (targeted at Fortune 1000 organizations) that is consistent with defined sales quotas and revenue goals
- Persuasively communicate and educate prospective and existing clients on products and/or services that provide the best application to the client’s needs
- Field and resolve client questions and service issues through the appropriate internal channels
- Coordinate and manage the RFP process, calculate and quote prices for review and approval; close sales transactions
- Document sales activities including tasks, appointments, sales calls, RFP/RFI responses via company’s CRM database (salesforce.com)
Ideal candidates will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of business development management experience in acquiring new accounts and growing existing account base.
- Sales experience with IT Asset Disposition, IT Reseller/System Integrator or Distributor, Hardware Manufacturer (OEM), Asset Management Services, or IT Consulting Firm preferred.
- Proficiency in pipeline and account management as well as use of sales management tools such as Microsoft CRM or Salesforce.com.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build rapport and relationships with a variety of stakeholders within targeted and managed accounts.
- Ability to assess client requirements and present solutions, both verbally and written, that are tailored to meeting clients key requirements.
- Experience in negotiating agreements that may involve multiple client stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Excel in addition to Web conferencing tools such as Webex, GoToMeeting.
- Ability and willingness to travel within assigned region at an estimated minimum 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree required
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top