Sales Engineer - Network Security
- Wellington, New Zealand
Sales Engineer - Network Security
About the role
Arrow ANZ is one of the industry's leading distributors of IT products, specialising in security, networking, storage, unified communications, product service renewals and the cloud.
Arrow currently employs one hundred and seventy staff across its Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Auckland, and Wellington offices. The company's "flat" management structure, open door policy, open communication and approach to its staff, their development and career progression have created a uniquely fresh and innovative working environment and culture.
The Sales Engineer (SE) builds and maintains influential relationships with Vendors, Partners and Customers, creating demand and opportunities for Arrow products, solutions, and services, specifically focused on Enterprise security. The SE adopts a consultative approach to the sales process by understanding a customer's business needs to position a technical solution with authority, appropriately tailoring the messaging to their audience.
On-going duties include developing a sales and channel development strategy, prospecting, pipeline reporting, initiating contact with potential and prospective channel partners, consulting regularly with existing clients, understanding their strategic business objectives, assessing their strategies and solutions in relation to those objectives, developing proposals to meet those objectives and selling your recommendations at the appropriate level to the clients' organisation, utilizing Positive Collaboration with Internal Stakeholders to proactively identify and take ownership of delivering cross-sell opportunities incorporating Arrow portfolio and promote both Arrow Security and Visibility messaging as well as Refence Architectures.
What You'll Be Doing
- Drive supplier and customer engineering relationships at multiple levels to grow sales and market share.
- Keep up to date on Industry trends to identify and position cross-sell and account expansion opportunities.
- Increase revenue and market share through execution of key strategic priorities for allocated Vendor Blueprints including:
- Pre-Sales Consulting
- Channel Enablement
- Solution Analysis Design (BOM) and Implementation
- Proactive Demo/POC
- Professional Services
- Compliance reporting for allocated Vendor Blueprint and Partner Requirements
- Develop and promote Commercially Viable Reference Architectures supporting Arrow's Security and Visibility message, incorporating one or more of Arrow's vendor's solution sets.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR.
- Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions.
- Organize engineering customer events.
- Take ownership of development plan including:
- Completing and maintaining Arrow compliance training, key vendor certification
- Attending training programs in-line with Arrows and vendors requirements
- Extend continued internal education for yourself and internal staff
- Comply with product/branding guidelines of all vendors as well as Arrow ANZ
- Ensure all relevant marketing related information is disseminated to staff and customers as appropriate.
- Additional duties as requested by the Business Manager from time to time
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 10 years related experience with a 4-year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a pre-sale engineer facing customers; Experience working with Enterprise Security solutions, policies and practices.
- Proven background in networking technology, with a specialization in IT security.
- Practical experience in Palo Alto Suite of Products (Strata, Cortex, Prisma)
- Strong background in overall IP Stack (L3 through L7 as well as Operating System fundamentals)
- Solid understanding of web applications, web protocols, proxies, security and Internet environments.
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and engagements.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation and reporting skills.
- Availability to fulfil hardware replacement services which may require 24x7 coverage.
- Self-motivated and ability to drive own professional development
- Strategy development, business planning and presentation skills
- Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ethical conduct
- Effective and Persuasive Communication
- Attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- Decision making
Arrow ECS is one of the industry's leading distributors of IT products, specializing in security, networking, storage, unified communications and product service renewals.
Arrow ECS currently employs over one hundred and eighty staff members across its Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Auckland and Wellington offices.
The company's "flat" management structure, open door policy, open communication and approach to its staff, their development and career progression have created a uniquely fresh and innovative working environment and culture.
Learn more at https://ecs-anz.arrow.com/
NZ-Wellington, New Zealand (Lambton Quay)
Back to top