Renewals Sales Specialist 1 1
JOB TITLE: Renewals Sales Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Harrogate
REPORTS TO: Renewals Manager
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- The end to end management of the proactive renewals sales cycle; including configuration & quotation production, achievement of sales revenue targets and sales administration.
- Producing accurate timely reactive quotes.
- In short, the ability to produce a quotation, engage with the customer and close the deal.
- Alongside, the administration in support of the sales cycle; including quotation production, sales order administration and more.
- It is also our intention that, over time, the product quotes team and the renewals specialist teams should merge to give us economy of scale and to allow us to further develop our up sell, cross sell and technology refresh sales capabilities. Therefore a flexible approach to change and personal growth will be required.
Configuration and Quotation
- Architecting customer solutions, utilising in-house or vendor support as needed
- Generating quotations for customer accounts and Arrow ECS account & business managers within agreed service level parameters
- Validating all quotes to meet the customers requested requirement and quality checking to ensure accuracy
- Reporting factual and accurate information on quotation processing issues to managers as required
- Ensuring all quotes are uploaded onto the CRM system with all the relevant information added
- Assisting with customer technical queries and problems, liaising with Vendor systems and technical help desks to fulfil customer configuration requirements
- Attending vendor and in-house training courses to ensure skill levels are maintained
- Qualifying the opportunity for which the quote is required to aid prioritisation
Sales and Sales Administration
- Achievement of revenue targets and KPI objectives
- Pipeline management; qualification of status and validity, updating of the CRM to reflect
- Forecasting; prepare weekly sales Internal forecast (revenue PO received and invoiced) and lead weekly Vendor sales forecast conference call
- Contract status management; accurately updating the reseller and CRM of contracts and quotes in production
- Programme knowledge; understanding and utilising the range of product and service differentiators that are offered to help grow and develop sales volume
- Making full use of customer intelligence to maximize sales potential and to capitalize on cross and up-sell opportunities where appropriate
- Liaising with Arrow ECS account & business managers to ensure opportunity visibility and the profitable management of all opportunities
- To work with the Arrow ECS Vendor teams to understand their value proposition and to exercise the ability to communicate this to new and prospective customers
- Checking quotes and contracts against customer purchase orders
- Chasing down and closing out deals.
- Timely dispute resolution, including escalation as appropriate.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONThe ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Individual drive with strong team player skills
- Highly motivated, with a pro-active approach to their workload and driven by personal and team goals
- Able to work on own initiative, delivering high quality at pace and under pressure
- Intelligent, inquisitive and keen to learn new skills
- Confident personality and clear communication skills
- Driven by business results, accuracy of work, personal contribution to team
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers, vendors and staff at all levels.
Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of working as in a fast moving commercial sales administration / internal sales role, preferably within the IT market
- Proven ability to positively qualify requirements, influence and persuade decision-makers
- Evidence that the job-holder can regularly meet and exceed targets / objectives within specific timescales, preferably in an environment that rewards staff on a bonus or commission basis
- Ability to demonstrate that the jobholder can work effectively under his or her own initiative and as a responsible, conscientious and reliable team member
- Ability to prepare for each call, formulating clear objectives in advance
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of interpersonal skills especially questioning and listening skills.
- Delivers Results (Drive for Results)
- Customer Service Excellence (Customer Focus)
- Influence and Relationship Building (Peer Relationships)
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Functional/Technical Skills
Hours of Work
The company’s standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however flexibility is expected during peak periods.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top