Regional Business Continuity Manager
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
This position will report into Global Business Operations as well as a dotted line matrix responsibility into Logistics Operations. The role will primarily be responsible for all planning and operational aspects, including execution, of Arrow Electronics’ Business Continuity Program in North America. This includes coordinating with Business and Functional Unit leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of unique plans and procedures to mitigate the negative effects of disruptive events and to ensure the business can resume operations as soon as possible with minimal interruption and loss. This position will partner closely with Logistics, HR, IT, Facilities, and other functional leaders to ensure all business disruption policies are in place and are aligned with local and regional laws and compliance regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, maintain, and implement business continuity plans for business and functional areas. Responds when business continuity plan is activated
- Assists in the development and implementation of Business Continuity policies, procedures and best practices on a global, organization-wide basis and supervises the implementation and maintenance of these procedures.
- Monitors developing situations that could interrupt business continuity and is responsible for the effectiveness of actual responses and recovery efforts in the event of disruptive events, including 24×7 on-call support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of the business continuity plan
- Identifies Key Performance Indicators through analysis of risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments. Builds remediation around the identified KPIs. Establishes corrective action plans as necessary to ensure the enterprise has sufficient resources to respond to disasters and interruptions and that responses are in accordance with established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Facilitate project plan, business impact analysis, threat & risk assessment, and risk response sessions with Senior level and executive level management
- Collaborate with every level of the organization to garner input, educate and drive delivery of project deliverables
- Serve as an alternate / backup to the Global Business Continuity Manager
- Lead and coordinate other logistics, operations or business projects as needed.
Medium level of autonomy. Direction and guidance provided by the Global Business Continuity Manager as needed. Responsible for executing business continuity strategies. Responsible for compliance by other departments to established policies, practices, etc.
Requirements and Skills:
- Previous experience with Business Continuity and Emergency action planning techniques and technologies, ideally on a global level is preferred.
- 4 year degree in business or related field
- Proven effectiveness managing crisis situations in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated adaptability and responsiveness in a wide variety of stressful situations
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to successfully navigate a highly-matrixed organization and effectively interact with all levels of employees
- Proven experience presenting to and working with executive management.
- Individual should be a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability for increased responsibilities.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top