Quality Specialist 1
Position:Quality Specialist 1
Presently Marubun/Arrow U.S.A. LLC has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Specialist in our automotive & commercial business segment. This position is based in our West Coast Orange County California Office. This person will interface with our customers and the supplier quality departments to meet quality assurance standards that are applicable to the automotive & commercial requirements. This position will coordinate all necessary quality measures to support the sales team in their effort to grow sales achieve complete customer satisfaction. This position will be working mostly with our suppliers and coordinating customer quality and environmental documentation from our suppliers to our customers.
Marubun Arrow U.S.A. is a joint venture formed as business alliance between Marubun of Japan and Arrow Electronics in the USA. As providers of electronic components, computer products, and technical solutions, these organizations assembled a dynamic and talented group of people to run a multinational organization. Over the last sixteen years of existence, the high commitment to shared leadership has created an environment that fosters growth and development in the dynamic electronic distribution industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the North American Quality Manager with any quality related duties as assigned.
- Interfacing with customer quality personnel to ensure successful closure for all non-conforming issues.
- Handle green procurement procedures for customer production processes.(ie. Conflict Minerals)
- Obtain from suppliers PPAP Submissions, Qual data and any other customer requested documentation.
- Identifying and monitoring all NAFTA customer trade compliance matters.
- Determining root cause and corrective action for supplier manufacturing process failures and completing the associated reporting when requested.(ie. 8D, 5-Why documentation)
- Coordinating the efforts of field sales on supplier PCN notifications.
- Inputting IMDS submissions into the IMDS system / portal.
- Monitor and update customer portals when needed.
- Bachelor's level degree or equivalent technical experience & or training is required.
- 2-7 years of quality control experience in semiconductor electronics or equivalent automotive commodity.
- Ability to quickly react to changing environments and a diverse customer base.
- Knowledge of automotive customer demands and the necessary supplier prerequisites.
- Experience with FMEA, PPAP, Control Plans, variability analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Self-motivated & self-managed individual with excellent time management skills.
- Able to handle customer complaints, service the customer and is friendly with customers and suppliers unlike.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet skills are required
Other Preferred Qualifications but not necessary:
- Knowledge of ISO manufacturing quality processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with developing strong working relationships in a multiple state region.
- Familiarity with IMDS and material and chemical compositions.
- Strong interpersonal relationships with suppliers in the electronics industry.
- Familiarity with customer base reporting on conflict minerals procurement.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top