Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality
Position:Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality
- Maintain and improve global supplier quality system through database management and analysis of quality data to various quality certifications and standards. Monitor and audit processes and make improvements in quality where necessary to assure standards are being met. Works with other departments to identify and resolve quality issues. Facilitates Corrective Action when quality issue arises and monitors verification of effectiveness activities for corrective actions performed.
- Performs global supplier quality department activities within Arrow's supplier service functions. Maintain and continually improve the quality system, using data to define opportunities for improvement. Drives process improvements, and maintain ISO 9000 and TS 16949 certifications
- Manage control of the supplier quality documentation process, the internal quality audit and inspections systems.
- Work with other departments to maintain statistical process control of Arrow's supplier services and supplier performance monitoring and corrective action processes.
- Provide customer/supplier support to include potential on-site audit of supplier operations to ensure compliance to Arrow and/or customer requirements.
- Facilitate the escalation of Field Quality Report (FQR), customer complaints system, and Receiving Discrepancy Reports (RDR), warehouse reporting system for discrepant purchase orders, which indicate supplier responsible for the undesired part/product/process.
- Along with other department heads, drive compliance to Perfect Order metrics, monitoring global supplier performance. Interface externally with suppliers regarding trended quality issues and facilitate prompt resolution.
- Mentor applicable workers on Quality- related areas, such as 8D Problem Solving, Lean, Statistical Process Control, effective Change Management practices, etc.
- 4 year degree and 2–4 years of related experience Preferred. Or Advanced degree without experience or 5-6 years relative work experience with no degree.
Relative work experience in at least one or a combination of the below fields:
- Quality Management to include working knowledge of ISO9001 and/or AS9100
- Supplier/Vendor Management
- Risk Management
- 10% Travel required, both Domestic and International.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top