About the role
As Purchasing Specialist you will actively create and expand the supplier base for EMEA market, focusing on computing and technology producers.
You will be identifying new suppliers, sourcing and filling customer requirements, negotiating transactions, ensuring that the purchased products meet technical specifications, negotiating purchase terms, and evaluating supplier performance.
What will you be doing?
No day is like any other day at Converge, but most of the time you will be busy with:
- Researching and identifying prospective suppliers
- Sourcing of products and negotiating prices, purchase terms and time of delivery
- Proactively create supply and sales opportunities
- Liaising with internal sales teams and commodity manager
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers
- Provide market information on target commodities
- Ensuring timely deliveries and resolving any supply issues or discrepancies.
- You already have at least 2 years of experience in purchasing electronic components (preferably computing parts: CPU, HDD, SSD, memory modules etc.)
- You know how to effectively find new suppliers, sourcing products, negotiate conditions, maintain and develop business relations with vendors
- You are self-driven, motivated, proactive and eager to identify business growth opportunities
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have at least a mid-level education
- You are fluent in English. Any other European language will be a great plus.
- You are a proficient user of MS office tools
- Stable employment in international, high-tech company
- Interesting opportunity for further professional development
- Fantastic working culture where you can make an impact
You are offered to be part in the forefront of the dynamic, growing world of electronic distribution. This is an opportunity to work in a highly professional, intrapreneurial and driven environment backed by data analytics, and the best in class quality certifications.
Converge, a subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is a full service, industry-leading, global supply chain partner with over 35 years of experience in electronics components distribution. We provide data-driven supply chain solutions to customers challenged with shortage, inventory, or supply chain management needs.
To learn more - visit converge.com
NL-Amsterdam, Netherlands (Kingsfordweg)