JOB TITLE: Purchasing Administrator
JOB LOCATION: Harrogate
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Team Manager
Arrow ECS is a specialist IT distributor providing enterprise-class solutions and services focused on data storage, network security, enterprise software, virtualisation and access infrastructure.
Working with our channel partners, we optimise the efficiency with which organisations can store, manage, protect and deploy their data, equipping them with secure access to business-critical information at any time, from any location, on any device.
Through close alliances with the world’s leading vendors, we deliver innovative solutions, complemented by an impressive portfolio of expert professional services and IT training.
We support our channel partners from initial consultation, planning and design, engineering build through to implementation and post-sales care.
The Purchasing Support role will require the post-holder to provide support to the Purchasing Managers on a
day to day basis which will entail close liaison between Arrow ECS’s Suppliers and our Sales Team.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Purchase order placement
- Product pricing / creation / categorisation
- Update Customer Service on PO progress, shipment dates, delivery dates, POD’s
- Claim procedures
- Warranty Registrations
- Reconciliation of invoices
- Support for all aspects of stock management
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Honest, hardworking, self motivated, reliable and diligent
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise with both internal and external contacts at all levels
- Able to work as part of a team or on their own initiative
- Literate, numerate and confident in Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Able to work towards tight deadlines
- Experience within a Purchasing Department would be advantageous
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, takes on new opportunities and tough challenges
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions
- Innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be more successful
Hours of Work
The company’s standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however due to the
nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role.
Back to top